[humanser] Introducing myself and a question to counselors

Elif Emir Öksüz filerime at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 03:54:11 UTC 2016

Hello all,
My name is Elif. I am one of the scholarship finalists of this year. I
have a question for mental health counselors, and I thought this is
the right list for this question.
I got my masters degree on clinical mental health counseling, and
 currently I am a Ph.D. student in counselor education program.
 I decided to get my counseling license to be an LPC.
 I applied to sit for NCE. Currently Pearson VUE delivers the NCE on
 behalf of NBCC.
 I requested taking my exam on a computer with a screen reader. They
 told that it is not possible. They only provider reader. This is a 200
 question exam at least 4 hours. It has been at least 5 years since I
 took my exam with an in-person reader, and it was horrible. I don’t
 want to deal with it again.
 So my question at this point
 Has anyone taken this exam on a computer with a screen reader in
 different states? I am in Ohio. If yes, when was it and what was the
 company delivering the exam?
 If not, what can I or we do to change this? It is not equal for us.
 Has anyone gone through a similar process? What is the legal procedure
 for this? Do you think NFB can do anything at this point?
 They asked me whether I accept a reader or not? I haven’t replied yet.
 What should I do at this point?
See you in Orlando
 Thanks in advance