[humanser] Question about Process of Disclosure of Blindness with minors

Ginny Duff duffg at stjoe.on.ca
Tue Mar 1 23:49:57 UTC 2016

The times that I have gotten into the most trouble was earlier on when my vision was a lot better and I hoped nobody would notice and tried to get away with camouflaging as a sighted person.   Yikes..   Situations that still make me cringe.   So nice to no longer be ashamed of my vision loss.   So nice to have a white cane and just be up front about it right away - out of the closet - put into words - such a relief - no elephant in the room.   And then it is fine.

I always tell people to ask me any questions if they have any.  I try to ensure that my vision loss is not a taboo subject.

Ginny

Dr. V. Duff
Clinical Director, West End ACT Team,
St. Joseph's Heatlh Centre , Toronto
Staff Psychiatrist, Complex Mental Illness, CAMH
Lecturer, University of Toronto
Tel:   416.530.6000, ext 3101
FAX:   416.530.6363

Sent from my iPad