[humanser] Question about Process of Disclosure of Blindness with minors

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 22:04:19 UTC 2016

I like your stories Carmela. I work with seniors and kids and your way works very well. Afterwhile they kind of forget and just treat you like a human being. For some reason kids and senior citizens understand and employers/other adults seem to have a harder time getting it. Haven't quite figured out why! I volunteer at a nearby school and I remember when I first started. I gave the talk about blindness and my cane. The next week I had a different cane with me and one of the school kids said to another "I wonder why she has a different cane today? ". Mind you these were kindergartners! It was so funny that they cared that much.

Ericka Short
"What is right is not always popular; what is popular is not always right."

 from my iPhone