[humanser] Need help with Ongoing Advocacy with Accessible Instructional Materials in Higher Education Act ; Resources to Help

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Sun Mar 13 22:56:54 UTC 2016

You may want to look at Wisconsin's Instructional Materials Act which was passed in 2012 if I recall correctly.  Many entities, but spear-headed by the Wisconsin Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired, worked with not only legislators, but the printing industry to pass a model law which I believe, is still the only law in existence providing such on-demand accommodations to the greater BVI community, but also others who rely on electronic formats.

Steve