[humanser] Questions regarding Masters Level Social WorkPracticum

JD Townsend 43210 at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 19 01:55:24 UTC 2016

Hello Yiska:

I have supervised master-level student social workers for a very long time,
two have been blind, the rest have had other issues.  I have also worked
with chronic mental illness and with children at risk.  Too bad you don’t
live in Daytona Beach!

Travel is, always, an issue, except for when I lived in New York City and
public transportation was faster.  I would find it difficult to attempt to
do home visits relying on a car service;  but that is me and I am never
comfortable with being dependent.

If I were in your shoes I would seek out community programs for
psychiatrically disabled folks, such as a drop-in center or sheltered
workshop program.  In foster care I’d look into such areas as visiting
centers where children & parents meet while the kids are in care, or in the
family court system where social workers testify concerning the development
and progress of family re-unification plans.

Best of luck.

JD Townsend LCSW
Helping the light dependent to see.
Daytona Beach, Earth, Sol System