[humanser] FW: Body Language - Myth or Real?

Ginny Duff duffg at stjoe.on.ca
Sun Mar 20 15:46:26 UTC 2016

Merry - Is this the article you were mentioning a few days ago??   Are there any other articles?   I think that this issue is such a core issue for us.

The other day, I had my annual re-appointment meeting with the head psychiatrist at one of the hospitals that I work in.   He told me that one of his supervisors when he was a student was totally blind.   He told me a bit about him and that he felt that he didn't miss anything b/c of his vision - or maybe very little.   I was actually greatly relieved that this topic was comfortable for him to talk about and that he has had previous experience with someone with vision loss and that the experience was positive.   I must say I do live with a constant haunting fear (mostly very much in the background) that someone , someday , will question my capacity to assess patients / situations.    Nobody ever has.   Any articles on ability to asses would be greatly appreciated - and discussion of course.   JD, you have supervised blind students so this must be a live topic for you and them.

Ginny

Dr. V. Duff
Clinical Director, West End ACT Team,
St. Joseph's Heatlh Centre , Toronto
Staff Psychiatrist, Complex Mental Illness, CAMH
Lecturer, University of Toronto
Tel:   416.530.6000, ext 3101
FAX:   416.530.6363

Sent from my iPad