[humanser] Accessible electronic health records software

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Sun Sep 11 11:01:02 UTC 2016

Hello  Human Services members and interested parties,

I have recently contracted with a company to submit insurance claims.  The
company name is Psyquel and you may find them at www.ppsyquel.com. The
software generates progress notes and stores other documents that the user
uploads to the software.   So far this is what  I have discovered about the
software and once I complete the training I will be able to provide more
information.

The user inputs client information.  In this area you may request Psyquel
verify client's insurance benefits.  Once this is completed the user is
ready to submit a claim. I believe there were only three to four fields to
enter when submitting a claim. During that process you can check a box to
have a progress note generated after the claim is submitted.  I found this
very convenient and expedient for both of these processes.  I understand
that the scheduler function streamlines this process even further.  It is my
understanding that once you see a client you check that the client attended
the session and this links you to submit the claim.

I have not completed the training; however, I submitted sixteen insurance
claims with ease.  The accessibility issues I have discovered during my use
so far are links that need to be relabeled and the scheduler is not as easy
to manage. I believe the company is dedicated to creating accessibility for
us.  They also have demos we can test so if any of you are willing to test
out the product their website is

www.psyquel.com.

The pricing is quite affordable.  The minimum cost is under $2.00 per claim.
You may upgrade to other levels of support, for example, I have a level that
if a claim is denied the company will research the denial.  I chose this
since I do not want to spend time doing the research on unpaid claims. If
this company is willing and can create accessibility in this area, this will
allow for our profession to move towards greater independence in our mental
health and medical fields.

Hope you all are well!  Our next open board meeting will be held on Sunday,
September 18 at 8:00 pm eastern daylight savings time.  Stay tuned for call
in instructions.

Warmly,

Merry C. Schoch, LCSW

National Federation of the blind

Human Services Division

President

With love, hope, and determination we turn dreams into realities!