[humanser] Intro and a few questions

Marianne - Haas advocate at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 19 14:48:26 UTC 2016

Hi Danielle,
I also know what you are talking about as I also have Nystagmus.  I simply
refuse to wear sun glasses as I can see a little more if there is a great
contrast.  I struggle all the time with this concept about having to educate
people.  I am a retired Teacher and I can tell you that I had similar
experiences when Teachers asked my Assistant about questions they should
have addressed to me.  If I said something, I was considered difficult.
Many of those Assistants also tried to put their religious beliefs on me and
let me know that God could restore my eye sight if I just believed, etc,
etc. On the other hand, I also do not like some of the organizations for the
blind telling me what I should or should not be able to do as a blind
person.  I am in my late fifties.  One time, while volunteering, I did not
know how to use a particular computer, and where the switch was to turn it
on.  One sighted person in the  organization said I should have learned this
already.  I know a lot of sighted people in my age range with difficulties
in using computers.  Maybe, I have other talents.

However, I am a positive person.  If anyone blind or sighted, needs extra
support or someone to rant and rave to here is my personal email.
advocate at earthlink.net

Best Regards,

Marianne