[humanser] Question about using assistive technology in the workplace

Mary Ann Robinson brightsmile1953 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 21 17:22:56 UTC 2016

    Hello Osmond,

I use Window-eyes.  Several years ago, my employer contracted with an agency
that  began using an electronic medical record system that was not
accessible. I worked with the agency, the software developers and the
manufacturers of Window-eyes.  After 2.5 years, the system became accessible
only after the agency and software developers implemented the
recommendations of the Window-eyes team.  It is my understanding that if Web
Content Accessibility Guidelines that have existed for nearly ten years and
are updated periodically are implemented, many accessibility
issues would be resolved.

Sincerely,
Mary Ann Robinson