[humanser] model mental health service program?

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Wed Feb 8 04:15:35 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm thinking about applying for a grant of sorts to foster and support the
full inclusion of blind mental health professionals and blind mental health
recipients. My project would initially benefit the San Diego region. This is
for a number of reasons. First, San Diego is the eight largest city in the
U. S. California has the third largest economy internationally. Our
disability laws are stronger than federal disability laws and finally, San
Diego County's mental health service programs have been model programs that
have been duplicated in other parts of California. In the long haul I
believe that such a project will ultimately advance employment  and empower
the nation's blind.

I am cautiously exploring the undertaking of such a project. Part of my
exploration includes looking at any U. S. or international model mental
health programs that actively pursue WCAG 2.0 standards and or Section 508
regulations, provide cultural competence in the area of a positive attitude
toward blindness, demonstrate the ability to make educational materials
accessible and, ideally, is recognized for hiring blind mental health
professionals. If you are aware of a model program that meets or is actively
striving to meet these standards please let me know.

Also, if you work for such a program I would like to talk to you off list.
Please email me at: peacefulwoman89 at cox.net <mailto:peacefulwoman89 at cox.net>

Thanks folks!

Lisa Irving