[humanser] considering applying for a couple of positions feedback requested

Ericka Nelson erickanelson88 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 18:47:27 UTC 2018

Hi Lisa! I didn’t realize you worked in a nursing home to before moving onto more schooling. I think that as far as intakes and case management, you have that covered with all your nursing home experience. I don’t think it matters whether you were the director or always out and about in the nursing home filling the paperwork out. Do you know what’s on those forms and you knew what needed to be done. You had a lot of contact I’m sure with the residence. That counts. Also, you can’t forget that most people with some kind of disability respect people like us who are working. I wish I could give you an answer for a competitive client to keep you and everyone else safe. I haven’t thought that far through this. But I know that you can do this. I do encourage you to apply no matter what because you’ll get practice with interviews.

I’ve been applying for not necessarily social work related jobs to be foot skills. One of them was for the department of instruction here in Wisconsin as mail room clerk. I never imagined that that would be the one I got an interview for. I ended up turning it down because I received the call on a Friday and the appointment would be Monday morning. I was panicky especially when I found out it was a panel interview. I don’t have great computer skills. I do everything on my iPhone and we all know that most businesses do not use iPhones as the One and only way to do casenotes etc. You still have to use something PC-based generally like an laptop.

I know everyone has their own opinions about Job developers. I am working with one who has uncontrolled seizures. It’s been quite an interesting experience. Very positive too. I know there was someone here who was looking for a job doing training like this for people with mental health and Cole current issues. Perhaps that was you Lisa? I can connect you with John who might be able to give you some insight. He has worked with totally blind interns and I think he could give you some interesting insight. He works for the epilepsy foundation here in Madison.

Ericka J. Nelson