[humanser] Vision declining

Rebecca Arrowood rmarrowood12 at me.com
Sat Feb 3 17:59:22 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I currently work as a mental health and substance abuse counselor in training. I have progressive Conrad dystrophy. I am noticing that my vision is actually declining. I am worried about how this will impact my ability to complete my job, specifically around completing paperwork.

How do others complete paperwork efficiently? I currently use magic screen magnification and reader. I am not sure if I need to spend more time to become more efficient in using a screen reader and switch over to using JAWS?  I just struggle with spending so much additional time to complete basic paperwork. For example completing monthly progress reports and having to sort through paper charts to obtain drug screen results in order to complete a monthly progress report to include recent drug screen results.

Thanks,
Rebecca Arrowood