[humanser] Working with Potentially Dangerous Populations and > Assuaging Sighted People's Fears

Cook, Shannon Shannon.Cook at sccb.sc.gov
Thu Feb 15 15:51:39 UTC 2018

I have been away sick for a few days, and am catching up on my messages.  I want to also applaud your efforts on handling this situation with poise and professionalism.  You could have used this situation to be bitter, and turn the interviewers against you and potentially other blind people.  Instead, you addressed their myths and misunderstandings about blindness, and helped them to realize they were based on erroneous beliefs. Way to go!

Shannon Cook, MSW, CPM