[humanser] Introduction and getting to know the other list members

cape.amanda at gmail.com cape.amanda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 05:46:23 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,
My name is Amanda and I live in montreal, Canada. I currently have my bachelors of social work and am doing some part-time work and volunteering while looking for a more regular position in the human services field and considering further education though I am not sure in what area if any. I have been blind since birth and have light perception. I find that it is difficult to get a job, especially a first job in the field having a visual impairment and being a new, young professional. I wanted to introduce myself and ask all of you to do the same. I am looking for inspiration and wondered what you all do. Are any of you social workers or speech pathologists or do any of you know blind professionals of this nature?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks,

Amanda