[humanser] Letting them know you're blind

Peacefulwoman89 at cox.net Peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Tue May 1 22:55:44 UTC 2018

Cheryl, would you tell a client in advance if you were Asian? Would you tell a client in advance if you used crutches?

You might consider introducing the characteristic of blindness if you use a method that differs from pen-to-paper, or an alternative method of conducting assessments or keeping track of time.

Finally, part of the therapeutic relationship is building trust. Trust is based in part on open communication. It seems reasonable at some point in your relationship with clients to let them know that you will do your best to answer any questions that arise when working together.

I hope this helps.

From,
Lisa Irving