[humanser] Screen readers and electronic billing

Michael Abell bigdog4744 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 07:19:28 UTC 2018

Janice,
	I took a peak at your states board requirements and it looks similar to mine.  The first thing that I noticed is that you have some freedom to have supervision performed by supervisors that are not lpc for the first 50 hours.  As long as the supervisor is approved by the board, the supervision can be an MSW, LMFT, LPC, or other licensed supervisor.  At least 50 of the required hours must be performed by an LPC.
	The other thing that I noticed was that the term face-to-face does not appear to give you the liberty to perform supervison telephonically or from another state.  This does not mean that it is out of the realm of possibility.  I would confirm this with your board.  It could open up some options for you.
	This is a difficult time period.  Finding a place to work that will provide supervision is definitely difficult.  It requires a great deal of creativity to find the perfect match.  I have been quite fortunate in my location.  My supervisor was an LMFT and agreed to do the supervision after my internship.  He has acquired his LPC to provide the rest of the supervision.  I know that I am indebted to him and hope to repay the kindness to another in the future.
	I agree with Chris about looking for providers that wish to serve the underserved.  They may appreciate the additional staff and may do the supervision for no charge.  Do not neglect the churches in your search as they may have such a person on staff.
	I know from your postings that you are determined and I am persuaded that He will reward your acceptance of calling with a place of service.  Keep us posted!

Warmly,

Rev. Michael “Big Dog” Abell
MS, LACT

Helping individuals to find their eyes in the dark.

The Family Ministry Counseling and Psychotherapy Services
700 E Jefferson St. Suite 250
Phoenix, Arizona  85034
(602) 253-4084 ext 1

Notice of Confidentiality: This e-mail, and any attachments, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) and may contain privileged or confidential information. Any distribution, reading, copying or use of this communication and any attachments by anyone other than the addressee, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by e-mail (
bigdog4744 at gmail.com) or telephone (602-253-4084), and permanently destroy or delete the original and any copies or printouts of this e-mail and any attachments.