[humanser] introduction and a question

JD Townsend 43210 at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 1 20:29:04 UTC 2019

Hello Martin:

       Here are a few of the jobs I have had as a blind social worker:
       Psychotherapist with children & adults, in clinics, in hospitals, and in ALF & SNFs;  working with homeless folks with substance use and psychiatric issues; working in adult day care programs; and management of such programs.

       Other blind folks I know work as medical social workers in hospitals; working in state blind services;   working as school counselors; working in group homes; and in domestic abuse shelters.

       Social work is a broad profession and the choices above are only a sprinkling of options for blind & light dependent people.

John D Townsend, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker  (SW3765)
Daytona Beach  FL   USA