[humanser] work experience?

Georgia Cabus cabusgeorgia at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 11:03:23 UTC 2019

Hi Ana,

My best idea I can share to you is find your niche first. Social work is
B-R-O-A-D and if you think of volunteering, its coming from your
willingness. Find your interest, where your passion really drives you.
Something you will still do even if there is no possibility of getting a
monetary reward. You'll do yourself and that organization a huge favor
because you do not want to give a less than full percent of your effort
then the experience and job did not got done or the quality of the result
turned out less.

Plus you won't get that feeling of discouragement because you kinda just
got bored in the process and doidn't want to say 'no' since its 'a good
cause'.

Do not just go grab all whatever experience because they happened to be
there. Your time is valuable too and it will be a great practice for you to
learn how to prioritize things and be ready once you really step out there.

Some things I do, I try to get more info on the volunteer or any event I go
to. It does help and most cases they have websites and you'll find their
mission vision etc etc. You want to be an 'asset' vs a 'liability' as how
job interviewers ask 'how can you be an asset to the company?'

I don't want to imagine being in a surgery room then I wanted to be a
lawyer... lol so make sure you enjoy what you do and good luck!

Regards,

Georgia