[HumanSer] Long overdue update regarding my experiences with EMDR training

Beth Gustin, LPC bethglpc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 18:13:11 UTC 2019

Hi Judy,

There is more than one place out there, but Work picked up half of my cost if I went through EMDR HAP. Which stands for humanitarian assistance program. They’re nationwide and they have trainings often.

The whole process to become certified took about 2 1/2 years, although I had switched jobs and getting in touch with different supervisors to continue my supervision accounts for part of that. The longest part is getting your hours after training before certification.
You don’t have to become certified, you can just become trained. I just chose to go ahead with that part of it because I already had all the requirements to become certified.

It took me about a year or so after training to actually find I liked the approached with clients. In other words, it took me a long time to buy into it. :-)

Hope this helps,

Beth

Sent from my iPhone