[humanser] Job Opening: Program Coordinator for NJ based Pre-ETS program

Evangelia Stone evangeliastone at gmail.com
Fri May 17 18:30:08 UTC 2019

Hello all,

The program I work for has an opening for a program coordinator. The EDGE
program, run by the Family Resource Network is a Pre-ETS program for blind
and low vision youth in New Jersey.  I will post the official job
description and requirements below, but if anyone has any questions please
don't hesitate to reach out to me! I would love to see another blind social
worker in this role.

JOB DESCRIPTION

TITLE:    EDGE 1.0  Coordinator

REPORT TO:        Director of Employment Services, EDGE
LOCATION: New Brunswick, NJ

GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Assists high school students with blindness or vision
impairment to learn independent living and self-advocacy, job prep, job
search and networking skills in order to obtain and retain either stipend
work experiences or PT competitive placement. Will assist with student
workshops, parent workshops, remote mentoring sessions, and work-related
activities and events. In addition will craft employment plans leading to
motivation to work and placement in stipend work experiences and PT
competitive employment.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

*         Attend all required employment services related professional
development training.

*         Contribute to curriculum development and implementation around the
5 Pre-ETS

o    Job Exploration Counseling

o    Work-based learning experiences

o    Post-Secondary Education Counseling

o    Work Readiness Skills

o    Self-advocacy skills

*         Contribute to workshop lesson planning

*         Contribute to the recruitment and selection of mentors

*         Contribute to implementing workshop lesson plans

*         Host interactive peer mentor discussion groups

*         Document and track all program activity through a data input and
report compilation.

*         Conduct student intakes and pre and post assessments

*         Disseminate, administer online customer satisfaction surveys and
analyze aggregate results obtained

*         Assist quality improvement planning and the setting,
implementation and monitoring of outcome measures

*         Assist students in developing Employment Plans, with specific and
measurable goals and objectives

*         Assist students in job development efforts

*         Assist students in employment retention efforts

*         Attend all agency, department and program staff meetings

*         Attend all interagency meetings, as necessary.

*         Communicate student progress and need with parents

*         Refer students who are SSI and SSDI beneficiaries to NJWINS WIPA
program.

*         Plan, implement and supervise student activities In collaboration
with EDGE staff, mentors and volunteers and appropriate community members

*         Provide advisement on the development of independent living and
self-advocacy skills

*         Work with Director of Employment, EDGE to develop annual SMART
Goals, the results of which will be monitored quarterly and reflected in
Annual Employee Performance Appraisal

*         Maintain well developed relationships with CBVI Transition
Coordinators in order to affect continuing referral stream

QUALIFICATIONS:

*         Bachelor's degree or better

*         Experience with those who experience blindness or vision
impairment

*         Proficiency with MS applications

*         Knowledge of web applications

*         Familiarization with accessibility tools, such as screen readers,
magnification devices

*         Familiarization with orientation and mobility tools such as cane
travel and guide dog usage

*         Organizational skills

*         Ability to multitask

*         Organizational skills with ability to handle multiple assignments

*         Strong communications skills

*         Bi-lingual competence preferred

EDUCATION:      Bachelor's degree or better

If interested send cover letter and resume to Pat McKenna, EDGE program
Director CPMcKenna at familyresourcenetwork.org
<mailto:CPMcKenna at familyresourcenetwork.org> . Reference the job title in
the subject and mention my name somewhere in the body of the email.

Lia Stone, LSW

Personal: 917-570-3166

Work 973-634-0864