[HumanSer] Study tips or motivation LMSW exam

43210 at Bellsouth.net 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 13 22:48:11 UTC 2020

Hello,

Be not discouraged.

The trick about the exam is not your knowledge base, like in university, but
more in how you read the questions.  Many of the folks I have supervised for
licensure pay too much attention thinking through the answers, trying to get
the correct answer.  Spend your time reading the question, twice, then run
through the answers quickly and going with your first impulse.  Surprisingly
this tends to work.

Somewhere I have some notes about taking the exam, I'll take a look for
them, but if I haven't sent them along to you soon, bug me.

JD
-----Original Message-----
From: HumanSer <humanser-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Shikha via
HumanSer
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2020 2:12 PM
To: humanser at nfbnet.org
Cc: Shikha <desai1shikha at gmail.com>
Subject: [HumanSer] Study tips or motivation LMSW exam

Good afternoon,
I failed the LMSW exam twice. Does anyone have any studying tips or
motivation/encouragement. I am planning of taking it again in couple months.
I have the Dawn Apgar book, but how did you divide up the book. It is a lot
of material and i took too long to answer questions. How did you tell the
reader to read the questions. I have been little discouraged, so reaching
out to my NFB family.

Thanks,

Shikha Desai
Master in Social Work Specialize Community Partnership 19