[HumanSer] Membership and division meeting registration

Christopher L. Smith, LMHC, LMFT Smith at 4mentalhealth.us
Sat Jul 4 15:03:10 UTC 2020

Ashley,

I understand that this is a volunteer-driven organization. I have remained
silent, but being operated by volunteers does not serve as an excuse for
lack of communication. A while back, there were regular monthly calls that
had some good content and even some unofficial continuing education. I
found them good to be on. Then communication came out announcing the next
call but no one was on it after I scheduled to be on it (which had meant
canceling a client). On inquiry, I did get a message that it had been moved
to a different week of the month and they forgot to send out a notice. A
new announcement for the next month with a new regular returning
information. For the following three months, I tried to get on the call but
no one was there and there's was no reply to my email inquiries about it.
This type of engagement (or lack thereof) is problemsome. Particular
questions not having someone able to respond to on the list or being a
repeat of common questions and individuals not wanting to respond again is
a different issue. In regard to the latter, I wonder how easy the archives
are to access.

Christopher