[HumanSer] NFB Gathering Information Regarding Access Barriers for Counseling Exams through the Center for Credentialing Education (CCE) and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)

sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 21:43:07 UTC 2021

Good afternoon all,

I am circulating the following announcement from Valerie Yingling. I know a
number of us have experienced or are experiencing access barriers with
counseling licensure exams. Please reach out to Valerie with any related
questions/concerns.

*Announcement below*

The NFB is gathering information regarding access barriers with Center for
Credentialing & Education (CCE) and National Board for Certified Counselors
(NBCC) exams. If you have encountered barriers or delays with requesting
accommodations and completing an accessible CCE or NBCC exam, or if you plan
to take a CCE or NBCC exam in the future, please contact Valerie Yingling,
NFB legal program coordinator, at vyingling at nfb.org
<mailto:vyingling at nfb.org>  by December 15. Examples of CCE and NBCC tests
include the National Counselor Examination (NCE), National Clinical Mental
Health Counseling Examination (NCMHCE), and state counselor licensure exams,
among other tests.

Thanks,

Valerie Yingling

Legal Program Coordinator

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

410-659-9314, extension 2440| vyingling at nfb.org <mailto:vyingling at nfb.org>

 <https://nfb.org/>

<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>
<https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>      <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this information is
prohibited. If this was sent to you in error, please notify the sender by

This message is not intended or offered as legal advice. Transmission of the
information is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, a
lawyer-client relationship between the author(s) and you or any other
recipient

---

Sarah K. Meyer, MA, LMHCA (she/her)

Vice President, National Federation of the Blind Human Services Division

(317) 402-6632

 <mailto:Sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com> Sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming
of it. My optimism, then, does not rest on the absence of evil, but on a
glad belief in the preponderance of good and a willing effort always to
cooperate with the good, that it may prevail." ― Helen Keller