[HumanSer] ECW and JAWS

43210 at Bellsouth.net 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Fri May 12 16:54:47 UTC 2023

Hello Miranda,

That sounds like a very good place to work.  I hope you get in.

Computer- based software is a roadblock for me and many other health
professionals who cannot access agency electronic records.  I have had
access engineers provided through my state's blind services who can,
usually, create JAWS overlays that will make your documents fully or mostly
accessible.  I have been in situations where nothing worked, in those
situations I made templates that approximated those on the electronic
records, printed them out and asked support staff to send scanned or
electronic versions into client records.

When we find roadblocks we need to invent ways around them.

Best of luck on this,
JD

"JD" John David Townsend
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, SW3765
386 852-5177

Confidentiality Notice:
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
information.  Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact me by
reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank you.