[Iabs-talk] 12/14 meeting agenda

Patti Gregory-Chang pattichang at att.net
Thu Dec 11 01:35:54 UTC 2008

DRAFT NFBI AGENDA 12/14

6:00 via conference call to 712 580 7700 using code 6324 Our agenda is
below. We have already covered items which are marked by "x". Items which
are not marked by "x" which we covered should be updated.

x1. Secretary's Report

x2. Treasurer's Report

3. Budgets tabled

xa. approving our legislative breakfast budget

b. approving our overall budget

4. Legislation State - breakfast - Mary Lou and Bill - update

x5. Items sold at convention Debbie P.

X6. National Convention - Patti

dates

March for Independence

Mentoring

x7. State Conventions

a. We have possible convention sites for 09 in either Springfield or the
Chicago suburbs. Where do we want to go?

b. Do we prefer a date in October or November?

c. If the decision is for Chicago, can we commit to having the 2010
convention in Springfield? If so, I would pursue a contract for that.

d. Are we willing to commit to a convention in 2011 in Rock Island? If so, I
would pursue a contract for that.

x8. Funding the movement - Joe and Cathy

a. Certificates - Joe

b. Grants Ronza and Cathy

9. Washington Seminar

a. application status - Patti tabled

b. issues - Syed or Annette

10. What we are planning for Braille Literacy - Debbie

1/4/09 event tabled

Tie into Freedom Link

11. Annual Written report approvals

xa. Senior Fair Report- Kelly

xb. Scholarship report Debbie

xc. Special events Bob

d. Renewal - Carmen - Maybe tabled

xe. Press - Denise

xf. Legislation State - Mary Lou and Bill

g: Web Report

h. Advocacy

i. Door Prizes

j. Development

k. Newsletter

l. Spring Seminar -

m. Newsline

n. Resolutions

12. Parents committee verbal update report Nelly

13. Transitions committee verbal update - Ronza and Kelly

14. IABS verbal update Alyson

15. Bus to Detroit next year? Carmen and Patti

16. Lifts for buses generally? Kelly

x17. Designation of where Miller Funds will be spent - Patti and Cathy

Already designated $1,000 for ISVI students.

How much of that did we actually spend?

18. Clarifying when reports are due from each committee.

19. Background checks.

20. Newsletter

21. Old Business

22. New Business

23. Web page updates

24. Chappell for National - should we require registration for the March?

Adjournment

Patti Gregory-Chang
President, National Federation of the Blind of Illinois
pattichang at att.net
www.nfbofillinois.org