[Iabs-talk] Fwd: [il-talk] our upcoming State Legislative Breakfast

AZNOR99 at aol.com AZNOR99 at aol.com
Mon Dec 22 11:53:50 UTC 2008

____________________________________
 From: billreif at ameritech.net
To:  rngard1061 at mchsi.com, pattichang at att.net, kelly at dls.net,
dkent5817 at worldnet.att.net, carmen88 at comcast.net, annette.grove at goodwill.org,
mgrunwald at sbcglobal.net, dravant at ameritech.net, il-talk at nfbnet.org
CC:  webmaster at nfbofillinois.org
Sent: 12/22/2008 5:07:32 A.M. Eastern Standard  Time
Subj: [il-talk] our upcoming State Legislative Breakfast

On March 12th, 2009, the NFBI will be inviting our  legislature to have
breakfast with about ten of our members.  We will  be renewing and
strengthening our relationship with the legislature, and  will be bringing to
their attention, some issues that were the subject of  convention
resolutions.  Those issues include the failure of the  Illinois Department of
Education to adopt rules to assure that those who  teach blind teachers can
adequately use and teach Braille.  We will  also discuss the quiet cars
issue, and will propose state legislation that  would lead to a sound
standard so long as there is no effort undertaken  nationally.

There will be much work the Legislation Committee and  others will need to
undertake to make this initiative a success.   Among that work will be
inviting legislators or those they may designate to  attend the breakfast,
preparing materials they can discuss with us and  take with them, contacting
those who don't attend, and following up  regarding the initiatives we
propose.  the Legislative Committee will  be providing more information and
guidance after the holidays as to how  you can assist in this important
initiative.  We are hopeful that  many of you will be able to take part, and
to learn much about the  legislative process.

Bill Reif and Mary Grunwald, co-chairs
NFBI  Legislative  Committee

il-talk  mailing  list
il-talk at nfbnet.org