[Iabs-talk] Computer help needed

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Thu Aug 13 13:51:14 UTC 2009

Connie,

For me, the easiest way is to try selecting everything with CONTROL-A in Excel, copy to the clipboard with CONTROL-C, then go to word and paste the data in with
CONTROL-V.  this will probably transfer the data as a table, and if people don't like that you can convert a table to columns separated by tabs in word on the "table
menu.

You can also save an Excel spreadsheet as a text file and bring it into Word.  Spreadsheets can be converted into many formats through the "Save As" dialog and
selecting different file types in the "type" dropdown which is reached by tabbing once after the file name.  The difficulty arises if there are more columns than will
realistically fit on a line in word and whether or not those using the data are comfortable with tables.  the "Formatted text, space delimited" will print one row per line
using the widths of the columns with nothing between which some like.

If you don't get any better offers, write to me directly.  You said not to answer on the list, but I thought one answer might reduce the number of duplicate solutions
that you might receive.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson