[Iabs-talk] March

Patti Gregory-Chang pattichang at att.net
Sun Feb 8 17:13:30 UTC 2009

I just sent out the following message to my contacts.  I am also sending it
to this list to encourage anyone who isn't marching to sponsor a marcher by
donating.    Of course I would be happy to have any of you sponsor me.

Dear friends and family:

The National Federation of the Blind sponsors an annual March for
Independence. This year we have the whole family plus my mom marching. The
walk is five kilometers in Detroit on July 6th, 2009. This event supports
the National Federation of the Blind. All of you know that I am active and
believe whole-heartedly in the Federation and its programs. I cannot tell
you how much I gained from being a part of this organization. Yes, I
received money by way of scholarships, but I received much more in the way
of confidence and techniques of blindness.

We are continuing the movement towards full independence this Summer in
Detroit with our "March for Independence." I am asking you to sponsor us by
going to: www.marchforindependence.org. Just search on Patti Gregory to
enter a donation. If you prefer, you can mail your sponsorship to:

National Federation of the Blind

Attn: March for Independence

1800 Johnson Street

Baltimore, MD 21230

The amount of your sponsorship is up to you. If you sponsor by mail be sure
to put my name and "March for Independence" on your check. Thanks in advance
for your help.

For more information about blindness you can visit www.nfb.org. Our state
webpage is at www.nfbofillinois.org. We are changing what it means to be
blind. This march and your support help NFB to fulfill its mission.

Patti Gregory-Chang
President, National Federation of the Blind of Illinois
pattichang at att.net
www.nfbofillinois.org