[Iabs-talk] 8/9 Board Meeting

Patti Gregory-Chang pattichang at att.net
Sun Jul 19 19:35:39 UTC 2009

All are welcome.
Sunday August 9th, 2009

Draft agenda

6:00 via conference call to 712 580 7700 using code 6324 Our draft agenda is
below. Please let me know what else needs to be on this agenda.

Secretary's report from 4/26 tabled on 5/27 Carmen Reminder e-mail sent
7/19.

Secretary's report from 5/27 Carmen Reminder sent 7/19.

Treasurer's Report Kelly

Need official 2nd quarter report

Items sold at convention - Debbie P.

How did we do?

Sorry Try again

I-Pod raffle

Candy

First Aid Kits

State Legislation Follow up -

Resolution on HR734 and S841

Vendors bill

Legislative event report from 3/12 tabled on 5/27 -e-mailed 6/27/09.

- Mary Lou and Bill

Legislative follow-ups Syed and Annette

10 in the House from Il on 734 and 1 senator S841

We have 4 on 886

How many more visits have we done?

Did my letter to Buris of 6/27 do any good?

Freedom Link Report Kelly

National Convention

Illinois totals 85 official.

We had at least one person in the wrong state and one which did not
register.

Mentoring - Ronza Cathy and Debbie

How did it go?

Tray Bradley was complimentary.

Key meetings attended highlights - e-mail sent out 6/27/09

7/3 " 9:00 - 10:00 pm­NFB AMBASSADORS COMMITTEE MEETING Greco Room, Level 4
Ronza and Leanne
Sat 7/4 1:00 - 3:00 pm­WHAT'S NEW WITH NFB-NEWSLINE®
Cathy R and Dave .

Saturday 4:00 - 5:30 pm­MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR JERNIGAN INSTITUTE

Carmen and Leanne

Saturday 7/4
6:00 - 10:00 pm­NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND STUDENTS
Araceli, Casandra and Ronza

Saturday 6:00 - 7:30 pm­NEWSLETTER PUBLICATIONS COMMITTEE
Carmen and Debbie S.

Saturday 8:00 White CaneCommittee
Cathy and Wilbert

Saturday
7:30 - 9:30 pm­MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
Bob Widman, Carmen and Leanne will go to this one.

Sunday
1:00 3:00 pm­"GRABBING HEADLINES FOR YOUR
AFFILIATE" SEMINAR­PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE
Denise Avant and Debbie P for sure

Sunday 3:15 - 4:45 pm­MEET THE BLIND MONTH ACTIVITIES
AND OTHER SPECIAL EVENTS SEMINAR: PLANS AND ACTION EQUAL SUCCESS
Araceli and Fashondra

Sun July 5, 7:00 to 9:00

Youth outreach seminar
Kelly and someone from Iabs.

Monday 7:00 - 9:00 pm­BRAILLE READERS ARE LEADERS: THE INITIATIVE FOR CHANGE
Kelly and Araceli will go.

Monday 7:00 - 9:00 pm­MOVING LEGISLATION ON THE STATE AND NATIONAL LEVEL
SEMINAR
Bill R. Syed and Annette.

Parent Leadership Program

Beth and Maureen Lamparis - e-mail sent 7/19.

Braille Literacy - Kelly

Membership drive and follow ups -E-mail sent 6/27/09)

Howard or Patti

Chicago,

All Chicago #s were distributed at the drive or later.

Howard, Denise, Dave, and Debbie came in person.

Wilbert and Fashondra took names later.

The rest were forwarded to IABS for distribution.

Rockford - Carmen

At Large - Carmen

Blackhawk - Bob or Patrick

Kankakee???? E-mail sent to HW 7/19.

Four Rivers - Annette

Ferris Wheel - Bill

State Convention 2009

speakers-

Human Right Comm confirmed

Governor's office WIP?

student panel -

Dr. Nemeth

JSA kids

People we have advocated for? E-mail sent 7/19.

Advocacy training. Inquiry e-mail sent to AG 7/19.

George and Linda are mailing

Press Release, Bulletin and registration for convention as well as kids Kamp
are out

Kids Camp - Who will take charge of scheduling workers and planning

Inquiry e-mail sent to parents on 7/19.

State Convention 2010

Where are we with a contract and costs. Inquiry e-mail sent 7/19.

Parents Seminar Report - approval

Old Business

New Business

We may well need to hold off on these until 8/29.

2010 Planning

Spring Seminar - Student, Parent, or both.

Legislative Priority - Braille Competency?

Washington Seminar - numbers etc.

Next general board meeting

8/29 10:00 O'Hare Holiday Inn

Adjournment

Patti Gregory-Chang
President, National Federation of the Blind of Illinois
pattichang at att.net
www.nfbofillinois.org