[Iabs-talk] Minutes for March 3, 2009 attached

Araceli Avina shortattit7 at aim.com
Tue Mar 31 16:02:40 UTC 2009

Hi all,
The minutes for the IABS meeting on March 3 are attached.  Here is the
text in its entirety for those who can't open Microsoft Office 2007
documents.
Minutes for March 3, 2009
People who Attended:
    Carmen Dennis: Guest
Araceli Avina: Secretary
Aly Slaughter: President

Michelle Wesley, Board Member
Patti Gregory-Chang: Board Member
Debbie Stein: Board Member
Casandra Certeza Board Member
Ronza Othman: Treasurer
We received one check for IAbs dues and were asked to hold it for 12
people.  A motion was made and passed to accept the minutes from the
prior meeting.  Ronza will be attending an Alumni Scholarship Program.
Nellie Gamino is working the kid camp and IABS is helping.  The minutes
for December 8 were accepted.
Ronza gave her Treasuer’s report.
She also talked about the NABS meeting.  There is a podcast about the
Nabs Meeting.  We also talked about bookshare.
Old Business
Do we know anyone who would be willing to work for the Kid camp?
Araceli will be helping with the translation from Spanish to English
and vice versa for the Parent Seminar.
New Business
Patti attended a Presidents’ seminar and she suggests something to
liven up the convention such as NFB Jeopardy.  Joe Ruffalo gets people
moving at conventions.  He is the President of the New Jersey division.
  There will be a Senior Seminar on Friday afternoon at the National
Convention.  The IABS division may
be taking responsibilities for
livening up the convention.
Debbie Stein made a motion to adjourn the meeting.  The next meeting is
set for April 7, 2009 at 8:00 PM.

Araceli Avina, Secretary
Illinois Association of Blind Students
ISVI Advisory Council Member

"Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch
you." ~John De Paola