[Iabs-talk] Please Please Please read.

Araceli Avina shortattit7 at aim.com
Tue May 12 21:18:28 UTC 2009

Dear nfb list and IABS List members,
I don't know why this message isn't sending so I trying this one more
time.
This is about something very important that has come to my attention.
This is not a forwarded message.  Here is what I tried to send earlier
today.
Dear List members and friends,
I am writing to you all to inform you about a new computer virus that
is going around. It is a very nasty virus and you should all take
precautions and be very careful. There is no fix for this virus. This
virus messes with your computer software, namely executable files. When
you are infected with this nasty piece of work, any program you try to
open such as Microsoft word, Internet Explorer, Firefox, winamp.... Any
program you normally run on your computer for work or entertainment
will immediately tell you that it is not able to open and that it has
been infected. Avast Antivirus will ask you what you want to do with
this corrupted/damaged/nonworking file. Unfortunately once you have
this virus you will not be able to get rid of it, even Avast will only
be able to quarrantine it but the damage has been done. Your mp3 and
doc and txt files will not be hurt. Only your executable programs and
any programs that run your operating system. This is how you get this
virus, so be very careful........ If you are searching for sites that
will let you watch or download movies for free and they are not
refutable sites like youTube or Netflix LEAVE THOSE SITES IMMEDIATELY.
Those sites will ask you to install some sort of codec to be able to
watch a movie or video on their site. DON'T DO IT. If you have kids,
please monitor their computer activities because in many cases, kids
don't realize what types of sites they're clicking on. And yes, Avast
and Norton will catch this but by then your programs are messed up and
your computer will need some serious maintenance to get it working
again. Even the antivirus software on your computer is vulnerable to be
infected but it is an .EXE file. So be very careful and vigilant of the
sites you visit. For more information on this nasty virus, please visit
http://savemybutt.com/blog/news/virus-win32vitro
Or you can listen to Web Site Wednesday night from 11 Pm Central to
2:00 A.m on WGN Am 720. If you are out of Chicago, you can tune in
online by going to their website. http://www.wgnradio.com
Thanks. I hope this was informative and helpful.

Araceli Avina, Secretary
Illinois Association of Blind Students
ISVI Advisory Council Member

Sox win!!!!!!!