[Iabs-talk] Tomorrow's board meeting

Patti Gregory-Chang pattichang at att.net
Sun Dec 12 21:53:48 UTC 2010

12/13/10: Draft Agenda

NFBI Board Meeting

Conference Call 218 936 1200 code 6324

Let me know if you have additional agenda items please.  If you are assigned
a topic and can't attend in person or by phone, please send a written report
to me ahead of time so that it can be distributed.  Thanks for all you do.

Minutes from 8/28/10 - Debbie P.  Tabled on 11/22.

Sent with PG comments on 11/27/10.

Minutes (draft 4) from 11/22/10 - Debbie P.

          Sent 12/12/11.

Membership Building Seminar update:

Denise Avant Coordinator

2/19 or 3/12?

Hotel?

Transportation - Jemal

Conventions - Patti, Denise, Chris J.

          Fairview Heights

          Quad Cities

Specs for set ups - feed back needed

Web page - Patti

Annual reports

          Resolutions - e-mailed 11/11 and 12/4

          Amended Door Prize e-mailed 11/26 and 12/4

          Mentoring e-mailed 11/22 and 12/4

          Freedom Link sent 11/22 and 12/4

          Transportation sent 11/25 and 12/4

          Scholarship Internship e-mailed 11/26 and 12/4

          Advocacy sent 11/27/10 and 12/4

          Senior Fair  sent 12/2 and 12/4

          Braille Literacy  12/2 and 12/4

          Federal Legislation  12/2 and 12/4

          Public  Relations sent 12/4

          Newsletter sent 12/6

          Development sent 12/10

          Newsline sent 12/10

Annual Budget - Kelly Cathy and Joe

ISVI Report - Denise

          Proposed letter sent 11/27/10

Do we suggest looking to the deaf community for their input on those issues?
Seems consistent with our philosophy.

Development Grants - Cathy

1.  NFB Imagine Fund

2.  Best Foundation Chicago area

3.  Denise's Amakas Foundation

4.  Annual Appeal Letters, The Villas' have sent out 50 letters this year.
We asked our membership for new names both last year and again this year and
people did not respond.

          Scholarship winners contacted?

Other old business - Please try to tell me ahead of time.

New business - Please try to tell me ahead of time.

LCB Student from Illinois approved.

Next Meeting