[Iabs-talk] Chicago Chapter outing to Victor Gardens Theater

Kelly Doty kelly at dls.net
Wed Dec 22 05:14:26 UTC 2010

 Hello everyone,

One last chance to order tickets for the Feb. 20 performance of The Boys'
Room at
Victory Gardens. I have orders from Dave Meyer, Mary Grunwald, Joe Monti,
Bill Reif,
Joan Juris, Pam Gillmore, Glenn Moore, and Steve Hastalis.

 You are invited to join members of the NFBI-Chicago Chapter on our outing
 Victory Gardens theater. We will be attending the Feb. 20, 2011 performance
 of the play, 'The Boys Room.' Mary Lou and I attended a preview of the
 season at Victory Gardens and the scene acted out from this play was very
 entertaining and had us holding our sides laughing. Description of the play
 is:

 When the American Dream is out of reach, what is a man to do? In The Boys
 Room, ensemble playwright Joel Drake Johnson walks the line exquisitely
 between laughter and tears. Two middle aged brothers try to escape their
 responsibilities and race each other back to their boyhood bedroom-that
 sanctuary where they can dream and scheme without the pressure of the
 outside world. One is unemployed; the other is making a living but is not
 sure why he should live. The women in their lives are knocking on the door,
 filled with questions and, sometimes, love. The Boys Room will feature
 beloved Chicago actress Mary Ann Thebus as the mother of the "boys" and
 rising star Allison Torem.

 Feb. 20 is a Sunday. There is a 'touch tour' before the play starts where
 many of the cast members will introduce themselves and talk about their
 character, props will be passed around, etc. This 'touch tour' starts at
 1:30 and the play begins at 3:00. Tickets are $30. Please let me know by
January 10 if you would like to reserve seats or if you have questions.
 kelly at dls.net or 847-390-1738. Payment will be due to the NFBI-Chicago
 Chapter by Jan. 22, 2011.

 Kelly