[Iabs-talk] Notes from at large meeting tonight.

Patti Gregory-Chang pattichang at att.net
Mon Feb 8 03:15:29 UTC 2010

2/7/10 notes from at large chapter meeting

Call to order at 7:00

Present were:

Patti Chang

Melody O.

Bill R

Tatiana Bagry

Charlene Elder

LeAnne Mayne

Mary Lou  G

Patty Bissell

Kelly Doty

Rick Parish

Dan Scholl

Kathy Lynch

Debbie Stein

Jan Pope and Jason Ewell were present for program items.

Before our next meeting Melody will Call Dan

Program items were 2 fold.  Jan Pope talked about ILA and the web link.

708 346 0141  is her phone.

Janice at independentliving.com

She talked about mobile clocks, GPS and other products.

Bill mentioned the answering machine which is very accessible.

They also have a caller ID.

Jason Ewelll talked about affiliate action.

He talked about chapter assistance and about seminars offered at the
national center.

Junior leadership events come from affiliate action.

Jason also talked about our Jernigan Institute.

Youth Slam and Junior Science Academy were covered.

Legislative Advocacy in Washington is occurring in April with high school
students.

Jacobas tenBroek library is developing the largest sources of blindness
literature anywhere.

International Braille and Tech Center is at our national center.

410 659 9314 x 2420 i for the tech help-line.

Newsline keeps evolving.

Our governmental affairs office is working to pass legislation and sometimes
to not pass legislation.

He talked about our publications.

Jason discussed the Braille literacy initiatives we have worked on over the
past year.

We introduced the race for independence.

Jason stressed the idea that all of our programs, buildings, and initiatives
belong to all of us.

Jason's contact info is:

410 659 9314 X 2509

jewell at nfb.org

 The January 2010 Presidential Release was played.

 Debbie Stein reported on Washington Seminar.

We will start a fanout with Patti Bissell, Kathy Lynch, and LeAnne Mayne
agreeing to make phone calls.

Patti Chang will send list of names and numbers with assignments of who
should call whom.

We adjourned at 8:59 p.m.

P.S.  National Federation of the Blind of Illinois is now on twitter at
www.twitter.com/nfbi.
We also have a facebook page.  Just search for our full name.

Patti Gregory-Chang
President, National Federation of the Blind of Illinois
pattichang at att.net
www.nfbofillinois.org