[Iabs-talk] Braille Readers Are Leaders

Kelly Doty kelly at dls.net
Fri Mar 19 17:20:13 UTC 2010

Hello all,

We have very good news from the Braille Readers Are Leaders student contest.
In Illinois, we picked up one more student to register, bringing us to 38
registered. Of those 38 students, 32 of them did some reading and sent in
the necessary paperwork. Yes, that's right, 32! A very nice improvement over
last year. Great thanks to all of you who helped make this happen.

Natalie Shaheen tells me that in Illinois we did not have any winners in the
categories by grade; however, we did have two winners in the Twin Vision
category, Viren Desai and Alex Gamino. So, congratulations and thunderous
applause to them!

Kelly