[Iabs-talk] FW: [il-talk] Accessible City of Chicago Web Sites

Liz Bottner liziswhatis at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 23:41:10 UTC 2011

FYI.

Liz Bottner
Guiding Eyes Graduate Council
GEB Voicemail:  800-942-0149 Ext. 2531
e-mail:
liziswhatis at hotmail.com
Visit my LiveJournal:
http://unsilenceddream.livejournal.com
Follow me on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/lizbot

-----Original Message-----
From: il-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:il-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Bruce C. Paul
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 4:28 PM
To: il-talk
Subject: [il-talk] Accessible City of Chicago Web Sites

Dear Blind Citizens of the City of Chicago:

I currently assist with some of the work of the Accessible Technology
Committee of the City of Chicago.  We were asked to give some feedback on
the state of the City's website.  The email below summarizes the
request, along with a separate document which I don't know how to forward to
the listserv.

Anyone interested in participating in the evaluation of the City's web site
and giving some feedback should contact me for further instructions.  I'll
pass these suggestions on to the committee.

Thanks,
bcp
---Forwarded Text---

 Dear Accessible Technology Advisory Committee,
As you may recall from our July Committee meeting, our new Chief Technology
Officer John Tolva, had asked for our input on the accessibility and
usability of the current City of Chicago website.    Since that meeting,
several of you have responded with some very helpful feedback.
Now however, we are looking to take your feedback to the next level - with
an online Treasure Hunt!
Attached, please find a list of tasks for you to attempt to complete on the
City's website accompanied by a few questions documenting your experience.
This Treasure Hunt will provide us with very valuable insight into the
experience that people with disabilities may have when doing business or
seeking information on www.cityofchicago.org<http://www.cityofchicago.org/>
. Your input will be instrumental in making necessary accessibility
improvements.
Attached is a list of instructions and questions we are hoping you can
complete by January 6th.  If you do not have a disability yourself, please
feel free to have a colleague complete this exercise.
We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your assistance in making
Chicago a truly accessible city for people with disabilities.

Best Regards,
Karen Tamley