[Iabs-talk] Chicago chapter meeting announcement

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 16 14:00:51 UTC 2011

The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Chicago Chapter will  meet
on Saturday, March 19 at 1:00 P.M> at the Exchequer Pub and  Restaurant, 226
South Wabash, Chicago.  This meeting will occur on the  third Saturday in
March, rather than the customary second Saturday of the  month.

This will be a special meeting for a lot of reasons.  Our program will
feature history in the making, as well as an opportunity for you to  acquire
a cherished piece of NFB memorabilia.

If you attend this meeting, you will have the opportunity to hear live
coverage of the Blind Driver Challenge, as well as the press conference
held immediately afterward.  Following the Blind Driver Challenge, we  will
auction Blind Driver Challenge shirts as well as posters of the  event
signed by Dr. Marc Maurer, NFB National President, and Mark  Riccabono,
Director of our Jernigan Institute as well as the man who  successfully
completed the Blind Driver Challenge.

We will also complete our revision of the Chicago Chapter constitution
during the meeting.

Please remember that elections will be held in April.  In order to secure
your right to vote in this election, you must have attended at least one
meeting during the year, and, you must be a current active dues paying
member.  That is to say, if you have not paid dues within the last year,
you will need to do so by the end of the March meeting.  Dues are $2
annually.  They may be given to Steve Hastalis, Chicago Chapter  treasurer.

If you use paratransit as your means of transportation to get to and from
the meeting, you will want to keep in mind that this meeting will be  longer
than most, due to the program.  The Blind Driver Challenge and  press
conference will last approximately half an hour, and depending upon  the
level of bidding, the auction could add considerably more time to  this
program.

If you wish to witness a piece of Federation history, and if you wish to
participate in the election process next month, you won't want to miss  this
meeting.  If you have any questions, please call David Meyer,  Chicago
Chapter President at 312-675-2541.  Finally, if you have friends  who do not
have internet access and would like to know about this  meeting, please let
them know.

Hope to see you all there.