[Iabs-talk] IABS battle of the chapters song

J. Chang roseailuj at att.net
Thu Sep 22 00:43:54 UTC 2011

Hey guys!  So, as you all may or may not know, IABS is competing in the battle of the chapters!  We are singing defying gravity and we want as many of your beautiful voices (and five dollars) as we can get!  Just learn the song (I've included an mp3 and lyrics) and get up there!  No really, you have to learn the song too.
Lyrics:Something has changed within me something is not the same I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game Too late for second guessing too late to go back to sleep It's time to trust my instincts close my eyes and leapIt's time to try defying gravity I think I'll try defying gravity and you can't bring me downI'm through accepting limits cause someone says they're so Some things I cannot change but til' I try I'll never know Too long I've been afraid of losing love I guess I've lost Well if that's love it comes at much too high a costI'd sooner buy defying gravity Kiss me goodbye I'm defying gravity and you can't bring me down!Unlimited together we're unlimited together we'll be the greatest team there's ever been Glinda dreams the way we planned them If we work in tandem There's no fight we cannot win Just you and I defying gravity with you and I defying gravity they'll never bring us downSo if you care to find me look to the
 western sky As someone told me lately everyone deserves the chance to fly And if I'm flying solo at least I'm flying free To those who ground me take a message back from meTell them how I am defying gravity I'm flying high defying gravity And soon I'll match them in renown And nobody in all of Oz no wizard that there is or was is ever gonna bring me down!
Julia Changroseailuj at att.net