[Iabs-talk] Focus-groups for tactile graphics book

Kevin Price pricek at UIC.EDU
Fri Sep 30 14:30:53 UTC 2011

A group of designers is seeking participants with low or no vision for a
focus-group about tactile graphics.

We are working on prototypes of tactile graphics for a book about food
heritage. We'd like to share examples of our work to get feedback about
their effectiveness.

This workshop will run from 6-8 pm on Tuesday October 11th. It will take
place at the architecture firm of Landon Bone Baker.
The office is a single-story building located at 734 North Milwaukee Avenue,
accessible by the 56 bus and close to the Blue Line Chicago stop. All
participants will be paid $30 to cover transportation costs and time.
Please contact Fereshteh Toosi at 312.218.1422 or soulfoodstories at gmail.com
if you would like to participate.

Examples of different mixed-media surface-treatments created by our
designers would be shared with the focus-group. We will ask you to rate the
images on a scale to measure their legibility.  Afterwards, we will open the
discussion to general comments about tangible media vs. digital media and
your food stories. This focus-group will be recorded with audio and all
participants must agree to sign a media release form.

To learn more about the project, please go the website for our project,
GARLIC & GREENS: accessible soul food stories,
http://garlicandgreens.info