[Iabs-talk] FW: [Nfbnet-master-list] Fwd: 2012 NFB SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM

Liz Bottner liziswhatis at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 10 15:39:47 UTC 2012

FYI.

Liz Bottner

Guiding Eyes Graduate Council

GEB Voicemail:  800-942-0149 Ext. 2531

e-mail:

liziswhatis at hotmail.com

Visit my LiveJournal:

http://unsilenceddream.livejournal.com
<http://unsilenceddream.livejournal.com/>

Follow me on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/lizbot

From: nfbnet-master-list-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:nfbnet-master-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of David Andrews
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:34 AM
To: nfbnet-master-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-master-list] Fwd: 2012 NFB SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM

THE 2012 NFB SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM

Dear College Students:

Are you legally blind and will you be a full-time college student in the
fall 2012 semester? The National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program
Application Form is online at www.nfb.org/scholarships along with all rules
for eligibility and additional information. (A print application form is
available upon request.)

Our Scholarships:
  1 for $12,000
  1 for $10,000
  2 for $7,000 each
  4 for $5,000 each
22 for $3,000 each
plus additional gifts to each winner

The deadline to submit the application form and all required support
documents is three months away-March 31, 2012-so there is still plenty of
time, especially if you have the other required documents ready to upload
from your computer to the online application form.

We prefer DOC, DOCX, and RTF file formats, though we accept PDF. We prefer
PDF for school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.  We also accept documents via
mail or as attachments to an email.

Students, it is never too early to begin to assemble your documents.  Please
read the details on the 2012 program right now by going to our website at
www.nfb.org/scholarships. The "Submission Checklist" on our website lists
the full set of requirements and the FAQ page provides additional
information on what the scholarship committee expects to find in a winning
application packet.

More good news - In addition to this national scholarship program, many of
our state affiliates have their own scholarship program for blind students
living in their state or attending college in their state. When you contact
your state's NFB president to set up your personal interview, be sure to
discover whether the state affiliate has a statewide scholarship program.
(You must request the interview before the deadline; the interview itself
may take place after the deadline if you and the president wish.)  For
contact information, go to www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org/> , then to FAST
FACTS, then tap on the Presidents List and follow the links to your state.

Cordially,

Patti Chang, Esq.
Chairperson, NFB Scholarship Committee
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
       at Jernigan Place
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
Office:  (410) 659-9314, x2415
E-mail:  scholarships at nfb.org
Website:  www.nfb.org/scholarships

P. S.: The deadline is March 31, 2012.