[Iabs-talk] fair machines in cabs - accessibility

Gregory Chang Patti pattichang at att.net
Sun Jan 27 17:56:56 UTC 2013

There is a company working with Chicago cab companies to deploy talking fair machines in taxis.  1500 of these already exist.  You can activate the speech function by tapping several times on the screen.

Once it is activated, you get navigation, meter, and fair information.  You can independently pay by credit or debit card.  Please try to use these.  Give feedback on the system when you find it.  The list of companies using them is below.  Thanks.
Please give to the National Federation of the Blind Annual Appeal by sending to NFBI, c/o Glenn Moore, Treasurer PO Box 1065 Elgin, IL 60121.

PS.  Find us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/nfbi and on facebook by searching on "National Federation of the Blind of Illinois."
Patti Gregory Chang Esq.
President, NFBI
pattichang at att.net