[Iabs-talk] Important meetings to be covered at national convention

Gregory Chang Patti pattichang at att.net
Sat Jun 1 21:38:05 UTC 2013

Our national convention agenda is out.  Visit www.nfb.org.
Below are the meetings which we really must have someone from our affiliate attend and report back to the board on.  If you can attend any of these, please let me know offline at pattichang at att.net.

Monday 7- 8:00 p.m. White Cane Salon 20 Level 2

Tuesday 1:30 Resolutions
I will cover this.

Tuesday 7:00 - 10:00
National Association of Blind Students
Junior Ballroom F
I am asking James and Ashley to cover this one.

Tuesday 7:00 - 9:00 State and Capitol Hills and Bills
Salon 19 Level 2

Tuesday 7:45 - 9:00 Membership
Signature 2

Wed 9:00 Board Meeting
I will cover this

Wed 1:00 - 3:00 Public Relations
Salon 13

Wed 1:00 - 5:00
National Association of Blind Merchants
Salon 4

Wed 6:00 - 8:00 communications
Salon 17

Thurs 7:00 - 8:15 IEP Basics
Salon 13

Friday 12:30 - 1:30 Cash and Carry Committee
Salon 16
Glenn has agreed to cover this one.

Friday 7:00 - 9:00 Social Security
Salon 19

The Illinois Affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind has two listservs for all interested in blindness issues in IL.  IL-Talk is for everyone and IABS-Talk is specific for those interested in student issues.  Sign up by going to www.nfbnet.org.

Please give to the National Federation of the Blind Annual Appeal by sending to NFBI, c/o Glenn Moore, Treasurer PO Box 1065 Elgin, IL 60121.

PS.  Find us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/nfbi and on facebook by searching on "National Federation of the Blind of Illinois."
Patti Gregory Chang Esq.
President, NFBI
pattichang at att.net