[Iabs-talk] Using Windows 8 aps with JAWS

Nowicki, Michal Jerzy nowicki4 at uic.edu
Tue Mar 5 01:08:28 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I recently got a laptop with Windows 8, and I am using JAWS 14 with it.  I
have been trying to use some of the new style aps, such as the new Skype
and the Windows Store, but I haven't had much success navigating them
(except for the weather ap).  Although FreedomScientific claims that most
of these built in aps are accessible, I am unable to effectively navigate
around their user interface.  Does anyone on this listserv have any
experience using these aps?

I have done various Google searches on the matter, and I also searched the
NFB website, but I didn't find any helpful information.  I even contacted
FreedomScientific Technical Support, but they didn't know anything either.
 Therefore, I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me some info
as to how to use these aps (assuming that they are at least partially
accessible).  Thank you in advance.

Michal