[Iabs-talk] Directions from Orange Line Midway to Chicago Marriott Midway

Glenn III gmoore3rd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 22:49:06 UTC 2015

Hi everyone.
These are transit directions (for Friday)
from the CTA Orange Line's Midway stop
to the Chicago Marriott Midway (6520 S Cicero Ave)
where we are having the Spring Seminars in about a week.

  Starting at the Midway Orange Line Station (which is just outside the
exit of the airport transit complex; it's the more westerly bus stop by
Kilpatrick, not the more southward stop by 59th Street).
  Take bus 54-b which follows Kilpatrick, onto 59th, then onto Cicero
Avenue going South)
  Pass 63rd street
  Get off at the intersection of Cicero and 65th (the bus ride is only
about 1 mile).
  The south-west corner is the block that the hotel is on.
  The very corner is a Holiday Inn, but as you walk along 65th going west,
the first inlet is the entrance of our hotel, the Marriott.
after you enter the parking lot (walking southward), the hotel entrance is
on your right)

If you feel like walking, there are sidewalks the whole way from Midway to
the hotel. although I don't know what kind of neighborhood that is.
You'll have to exit the airport either at Kilpatrick (which runs basically
north-south) or at 59th (which runs west-east at the intersection of the
CTA stop--59th is an east-west road which near the airport jogs south then
west again then hits Cicero.
you can turn left/south onto Cicero and keep walking several short blocks
(the better part of a mile) until you reach 65th.
at 65th and Cicero, get to the south-west corner.
walk west on 65th and enter the first parking lot entrance on your left,
the hotel entrance will be on your right after you come into the parking
lot.

-Glenn Moore III
State Secretary,
(find our calendar at nfbofillinois.org/?page_id=158)