[Iabs-talk] Holiday Wishes

Gregory Chang Patti pattischang at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 21:56:38 UTC 2015

Happy Holidays to all,

	Hope you are well.  We wish we could see all of you during this season.

	Our update this year starts with our house/kitchen remodel.  We have all new windows.  Right now, our kitchen is four bare walls with our new cupboards sitting on the floor.  The skylights and new front exterior façade are finished.  It is great to get rid of the McDonald’s style booth in our old kitchen.  We hope to have an operational kitchen by Christmas this year.

	Francisco and Patti have kept their same jobs this year.  Of course they are expected to do more with less.  At present both are working overtime due to staffing shortages.  Our employers promise that it will get better but….

	We have done less travelling than in past years.  We did go to Minnesota in October and will be in Baltimore in December for the National Federation of the Blind Board meeting.  Next year we are looking forward to travelling to the Dominican Republic with Pat’s mom, to Florida to see Pat’s dad in February,  and Orlando for national convention.  A Summer Michigan trip is also in the works and Francisco is planning for Belize at the end of the year.  We will also travel to wherever the National Federation of the Blind President assigns Pat as a national representative.

	Johnathon has one semester of school to go.  He plans to test for certifications as soon as he can after that.  He works for the Chicago Lighthouse for the Blind in there Information Technology Department three days a week and is very good at what he does.  He and Rebecca, his girlfriend, have a trip planned for late December and another for early January.

	Julia is in Europe this semester.  She is based in London but has been taking all sorts of trips around the continent.  She left Brussels a couple of weeks before the Paris attacks.  She will visit the Alps before she returns to the states.  It is a good thing her classes are all pass fail since she is spending much time away from the college of London where her actual classes are.  She will be home for Christmas and will return to the University of Illinois at Urbana next semester.    We can’t wait.  Skiping is nice but having family  at home is better.

Hoping to see you all soon.  With love, Francisco, Patti, John, and Julia

"Every day we raise the expectations of blind people in the National Federation of the Blind.  Live the Life You Want."

Patti Gregory Chang
National Federation of the Blind of Illinois, Treasurer
NFB Scholarship Committee Chair
pattischang at gmail.com
NFB of IL: www.nfbofillinois.org
NFB: www.nfb.org