[Iabs-talk] Washington Seminar and Social Media

Ronza Othman rothmanjd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 02:19:00 UTC 2015

Hi All,

As you know, this week, we begin some of our most important work of the year
- visiting our Congressional Representatives in Washington to start the
conversation we have over the next year in DC and in Illinois about our
legislative priorities.  We are now living in an age when our Social Media
contact with our Congressional deligation has huge impact.  Thus, I am
asking anyone in DC this week to tweet their Congressional Representative.
Please post a Facebook status and tag them, or post the picture you take
with them or with their staffers, or even with the state flag outside their
offices to your Instagram account.  Tell them in your posts you are
visiting.  Tell them you have visited, or tell them you would appreciate
their support on our legislative initiatives.  Please tag the NFB of
Illinois accounts so that Robert Hanson and I can track our social media
contacts, retweet and share your posts, and respond when appropriate.

For those of you back home in Illinois, you can get on this too.  Please
retweet what our friends in DC post, or like and share their Facebook and
Instagram posts, and please tag the NFBI twitter account - @NFBI - and NFBI
Facebook account when posting.

For your convenience, below is a list of the Illinois Congressional
deligation's Twitter handles - you can find them all on Facebook by
searching for their names.

@SenatorDurbin

@SenatorKirk

@RepBobbyRush - 1

@RepRobinKelly - 2

@RepLipinski - 3

@LuisGutierrez - 4

@RepMikeQuigley - 5

@PeterRoskam - 6

@RepDannyDavis - 7

@RepDuckworth - 8

@JanSchakowsky - 9

@RepDold - 10

@RepBillFoster - 11

@RepBost - 12

@RodneyDavis - 13

@RepHultgren - 14

@RepShimkus - 15

@RepKinzinger - 16

@RepCheri - 17

@AaronSchock - 18

Regards,

Ronza

Please remember to use our hash tag of #NFBWS15