[Iabs-talk] 75th Annual NFB convention

Denise Avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 11:15:25 UTC 2015

Hello all,
By now, those of us who attended the 75th annual convention of the National Federation Of The Blind have returned home. It was a great convention, topped off by a great banquet speech by President Riccobono. Dr. Maurer and Dr. Schroeder also gave wonderful speeches during convention. And we in the federation set a Guinness Book of World Record At the Umbrella Mosaic  with 2480 people present on July 8, 2015.
I wanted to thank all those from Illinois who assisted in the coverage of the hospitality suite, and who volunteered to assist at Independence Market, and for those of you who volunteered to attend various meetings on behalf of our affiliate. We had at least 7 people who attended convention for the first time, including Michael Nowicki, who was a Jernigan convention scholarship winner.
PS., we should also congratulate sara Meyer. She received one of the top scholarships.  While Sara is from Indiana, she has participated in many of Illinois’ student events. For those of you who could not attend, I hope you were able to listen to the convention on the stream. And I hope you will attend the 76th annual convention.
The next State board meeting of NFBI will be on August 22, 2015. It is our face-to-face board meeting to be held at the Naperville Marriott. If you can’t attend in person, you are certainly welcome to call in, 805-360-1000. The code is 6324.

Denise R. Avant
President, National Federation Of The Blind Of Illinois
Live the life you want