[Iabs-talk] 2015 NFBI State Convention - Thank you

Denise Avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 12:44:17 UTC 2015

Good morning fellow federationists,

I want to thank all of you for attending our 2015 convention. I also want to thank all of our presenters, including  John Gordon, Chief of BBs, Janet Sherburne, former Assistant Bureau Chief, Byron Harden, I See Music, LLC, and Alan West of the Chicago Park District.
I think we had a successful convention, and I am looking forward to next year’s convention. In Illinois, it is truly a team effort.
Special thanks go to the following people:
James Gashel our national representative
Susan Gashel
Dick Davis of Blind Inc
Candace Chapman our NABS  representative
debbie Stein for all of the work you do  with the parents and student events at convention and elsewhere
Patti Chang for organizing the hotel and registration, and all of the many other things you do
Francisco Chang for transporting  our equipment and materials to the convention, and for giving those of us who need it a ride to convention, and for handling kid camp
Jana Stein for handling kid camp
Byron Lee for managing our sound and for handling our website content
Marco Giannotti and Nancy Gardner for handling our door prize table
Glenn Moore and all of the public relations committee for getting out the word about the convention
Mary Grunwald for handling the sales table
Katie Leinum President of IABS
Adrienne Falconer 1st Vice President of IABS and  NFBI  board member
Roberta Reif for handling the info table, and for just being wherever we need you to be
Bill Reif for all of the brailing of our convention materials
Cathy Randal for raising all of the money for academic scholarships and our many other programs
Robert Gardner for your tireless promotion of Braille literacy
Dan Tevelde and Christopher Milsap for your presentation on adaptive options for blind and visually impaired computer users
Linda Hendle for handling the at large dinner, which was a great success
Ronza Othman, who though she could not be present at convention, listened on the stream and tweeted out the highlights of our convention
Thanks to anyone who worked in kid camp, and anyone who helped setup and break down all of our sound equipment.

Denise R. Avant
President, National Federation Of The Blind Of Illinois
Live the life you want