[Iabs-talk] I am in Chicago for a second time.... some RTA questions

Zachary N. Griego-Dreicer zdreicer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 06:37:31 UTC 2015

 Hello NFBI Family,

I'm here to register for classes in Northern Illinois University on Monday, to start in the spring semester! I got your on Friday. I've already had some previous experiences with the CTA L trains during my April 2015 visit, but yesterday (Saturday) I got more exposure which gets me to some  questions. When writing around, we had to do some transferring and trains and buses to go where we  wanted to go, and I was out with a  sighted  friend. It felt like forever to change tracks from the train we came in on to the train we were going out on. Eventually after using the CTA for a while, I would expect that this should become  easier for me to do, regardless of who I am traveling with, if anyone. I realize that this is Station specific, but do you guys have been able to memorize which sets of tracks each line leaves and arrives from, and, if multiple lines leave and arrive on the same track, where that would happen? Also we did spend some time in union station, how easy is that for you guys to navigate? I've done it once as of yesterday, and again I realize  that, with time, it can be done more easily. But I'm wondering if you guys have any tips or tricks on navigation of union station as well. Hope your Sunday is off to a great start!!! Tomorrow (Monday) I find out what classes I will get for my initial semester as an Illinois student, looking forward to that.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Using VoiceOver