[Iabs-talk] FW: ICBV Office Update December 13, 2016

denise avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 02:15:45 UTC 2016

From: Kathy Ungaro [mailto:icbv at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:13 PM
To: Kathy Ungaro <icbv at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: ICBV Office Update December 13, 2016

ICBV Office Update

December 13, 2016

*1) Calendar of Events

*2) Trying not to Lose is Different than Trying to Win

*3) Proclamation 9550 – International Day f Persons with Disabilities

*4) iDentifi: Object Recognition for Visually Impaired

*5) Hadley Schol for the Blind and Visually Impaired

*6) This Week on Eyes on Success

*7) Stories Regarding the State of New York’s Efforts to Sell Items Over-The-Counter at a Long Island Rest Area

*8) NAMA’s Eric Dell Recognized as Top Association Lobbyist

*9) Broker News Hoffman Vogler, Lee Chota

*10) Broker News Burdette Beckman, Ray Salvador

*11) RSA Management Group Information

**1 Calendar of Events

December 16, 2016 5:30 pm

ISVI & Mary Bryant Christmas Party, in Jacksonville sponsored by IABM 658 E. State Street Jacksonville IL 62650

Tickets $25 payable to IABM send to 53 W. Jackson contact Ed Birmingham

Details: ICBV/IABM Christmas Party for ISVI & Mary Bryant in attendance will be approximately 120 students staff and folks from the Mary Bryant home. ICBV & IABM will be providing fantastic pizza's and scrumptious Dilly Bars.  The organizations are purchasing a large Christmas gift for the school which will be presented by Santa. Elvis will also be entertaining the group and we'd like to thank Jesse Rogers for sponsoring that.

Please consider sending in monetary donations to help get each of the children and seniors a gift again this year.  Send all donations to IABM, 53 W. Jackson Blvd suite 502, Chicago, IL 60604

January 14, from 4:00-8:00 PM

Are you looking to reacquaint with old friends, make new friends, or perhaps, just do something to get rid of those January blahs? The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Chicago Chapter has the activity just for you!

Come join us and play a relaxing or spirited game, engage in a spirited or

relaxing conversation, or, simply enjoy some of the best pizza and salad

that Chicago has to offer. For the low price of $25 you can do all of this

and much more. Besides all of this, you even have the chance to drink an

unlimited quantity of soda without bearing the burden of the extra Cook

County tax.

So, come and join us at Exchequer on January 14, from 4:00-8:00 PM for an unforgettable evening of eppicurian delights. Finally, bring a favorite game you wish to play. You just might find a partner to enjoy that game with you!

Please make your reservations with David Meyer on or before January 7. He can be reached by phone at 708-209-1767 or via email at

datemeyer at sbcglobal.net <mailto:datemeyer at sbcglobal.net>  .

Hope to see you there!

David Meyer, NFB of Illinois

Coordinator and Channel Administrator, NFB-NewsLine

SAVE THE DATE

April 18-21. 2016

NAMA and NFBEI/RSA Training in Vegas

>From Terry Smith, NFBEI - Mark your calendars now! The NFBEI and the RSA Management Group will be conducting a half-day training for Randolph-Sheppard stakeholders in conjunction with the NAMA One Show in Las Vegas April 18-21. The One Show is an amazing 3-day event that includes educational seminars, high profile keynote speakers, and the largest exhibit hall in the industry with literally hundreds of companies showing cutting edge equipment and new vend products. The RSA training will be from noon to 5:00 PM on Tuesday, April 18th.

We realize that travel funds are limited and approval to go to Las Vegas can be challenging. However, it will be well worth it if you can attend.  If I can help with any additional justification when you submit your request, I'm happy to do so.

SAVE THE DATE:

September 12-15, 2017

NABM BLAST 2017

Nashville Airport Marriott Hotel

Tradeshow September 13th

Mark Your Calendars Now!!!!

Visit  <http://www.blindmerchants.org/> www.blindmerchants.org for more information as it becomes available.  For more information, contact Nicky Gacos at  <mailto:nickycolorado at netscape.net> nickycolorado at netscape.net  or call him at (908) 464-5359 or contact Terry Smith at  <mailto:terrysmith at epbfi.com> terrysmith at epbfi.com  or 865-599-7148.

 <https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=sbc&.rand=200fkn79is1re#_top> Return to Top

**2 Shared by Smart Brief on Leadership – Great Leadership http://www.greatleadershipbydan.com/2016/12/trying-not-to-lose-is-different-than.html Thursday, December 8, 2016 Trying not to Lose is Different than Trying to Win Guest post from Michael G. Winston:

Today’s winning leader is not just here to weather the storm; they are here to completely change the game. To survive and prosper in 2017, companies must adopt a way of managing that is based on their capacity to learn and change—consciously, continuously, and quickly.

Anticipating and preparing for change is the essence of competitive advantage. The leaders who dominate in this new era will not only understand the changes affecting them, but they will seize them, master them, and use them to their advantage to achieve ever-higher performance.

While every leader plans and communicates their strategy before the competition begins, once in the race, it’s often necessary to make split-second decisions to redirect efforts. If you don’t notice the shifts in the wind and adjust quickly, you may lose your strategic options. Since opportunities come and go rapidly, you can quickly become a victim of changing circumstances.

Business flows in cycles: bulls follow bears; bears chase bulls. There is opportunity to enhance one’s competitive position in every phase of those cycles. Successful companies and leaders constantly search for market opportunities/threats and take quick, creative action. You can feel the organizational pulse rate by the speed with which they commit to action, allocating and reallocating resources (time, talent, and capital) to pursue opportunities. Decisions are made quickly, and vision is translated into action. People are recognized and rewarded for these practices.

However, many companies don’t seize opportunities prompted by change because they cannot see opportunities prompted by change. They are so busy making the most of yesterday’s opportunities, they cannot see today’s or create tomorrow’s. What worked in the past no longer guarantees success in the present, let alone the future.

New leadership is needed—leadership that goes against the grain, challenges conventional wisdom, and pushes the status quo. Developing the mindset and ability to embrace change is a considerable challenge. World-class competitors can do it. They know that change is accelerating and that in a time of constant change, the ability to learn and change faster than their competitors is a competitive advantage.

Many excellent companies fall from grace because business conditions shift and they fail to adapt. With fluctuating markets, proliferating technologies, and changing political frontiers, the challenge is no longer to manage growth. Now managers must cope with sudden shifts in the rules of the game. Are you ready? How will you handle sudden and radical changes in business conditions?

Many companies are still in survival mode after the 2008 recession. They are trying to survive, not grow. The same is true of some executives. Trying not to lose is far different than trying to win.

It’s time to lean forward and position yourself and your company for greatness and achieve world-class performance. Regain your Olympic-like competitive edge, rekindle your desire to compete and win. Place a premium on exemplary performance in all dimensions: quality, productivity, service, and value. Growth and innovation are not only possible but necessary during dark times. Here’s a snapshot of the difference:

TRYING NOT TO LOSE

Hold

Survive

Divest

Pause

Scarcity

Wait

Reduce cost

Delay

Consent

Imitate

Realistic goals

TRYING TO WIN

Build

Thrive

Invest

Pounce

Abundance

Anticipate

Add Value

Accelerate

Invent

Innovate

Stretch goals

Today’s winning leader is not just here to weather the storm; they are here to completely change the game. World-class competition is the ultimate proving ground of people, teams, and organizations. Just as we saw in this summer’s Olympics, competition brings together exquisitely prepared men and women in a pressure-cooker atmosphere—each of them vying for victory. The line between success and failure is often razor thin…no more than a hundredth of a second or a few millimeters. The winners will be those who best prepare both physically and mentally and give the extra effort that leads to victory.

About the Author:

Michael Winston had a career of distinction in executive positions for over three decades in five Fortune 100 companies across three industries. He served in executive positions for Motorola, Merrill Lynch, McDonnell Douglas, Lockheed and Countrywide. As global head of leadership and organization strategy, he worked closely with C-Suite Officers to develop business models, craft strategies and structure, create cultures and develop leaders.

As Enterprise Chief Leadership Officer for Countrywide Financial, Winston rebuilt the strategy, leadership and culture and tried to stop the fraud, corruption and deception he observed. His warnings were dismissed and ignored. Winston’s experiences in confronting Countrywide executives about fraud, market manipulation and insider-trading are highlighted in numerous media reports including this New York Times feature. He is a founding member of the Bank Whistleblowers United, and holds a Ph.D. from the University of Illinois, a Master’s Degree from the University of Notre Dame and attended executive programs at Stanford University and the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School.

For more information about Winston visit him on LinkedIn and on MichaelWinston.com, His book, World-Class Performance, is available for purchase on Amazon and other fine booksellers.

 <https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=sbc&.rand=200fkn79is1re#_top> Return to Top

**3 From the Federal Register Volume 81, Number 235 Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Proclamation 9550--International Day of Persons With Disabilities, 2016 Order of December 2, 2016--Regarding the Proposed Acquisition of a

Controlling Interest in Aixtron SE by Grand Chip Investment GmbH  By the President of the United States of America - A Proclamation

Over a quarter-century ago, the United States enshrined into law the principles of equal access and equal opportunity for people with disabilities through the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which upholds the principle that each of us is entitled to a set of fundamental freedoms and protections. This progress has made America a leader in advancing the rights of people with disabilities around the globe. On International Day of Persons with Disabilities, we celebrate how far we have come in protecting the rights of those who live with disabilities and recommit to shaping a future in which all members of this community can enjoy their full rights and freedoms.

Building on the progress of the ADA, my Administration has taken important steps to remove barriers and eliminate discrimination based on disability. Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, individuals can no longer be denied coverage because of a pre-existing condition or disability. We have supported increasing funding for the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, reauthorized the Children's Health Insurance Program, and strengthened anti-discrimination and Olmstead enforcement at the Department of Justice. Additionally, we created the first-ever Special Advisor for International Disability Rights, and we established the United States Strategy to Prevent and Respond to Gender-Based Violence Globally in order to address violence against women and girls around the world-- because women with a disability are more likely to experience physical and sexual abuse than women without one. And last year, we committed to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, which recognize inclusive education, disability employment, and social acceptance of the disability community as important steps to ending world poverty.

Our progress at home reflects our full commitment to the rights of people with disabilities around the world. America was the first country to comprehensively address non-discrimination on the basis of disability in national legislation and declare that disability rights are human rights which must be recognized and promoted everywhere. In my first year in office, the United States joined 140 other nations in signing the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities--the first international human rights convention to fully address human rights in the context of disability. Now joined by over 160 States Parties, this Convention serves as a beacon of hope to the more than 1 billion people worldwide who live with a disability--a reminder that the need to protect disability rights does not end at our borders.

Regrettably, the Senate has still not provided its advice and consent for ratification of this Convention, and I urge them to do so and to uphold our global commitment to the international disability community. We have taken important steps forward to advance the rights of persons with disabilities, but the fight is not over. As long as anyone succumbs to casual discrimination or fear of the unfamiliar, we have more work to do to honor the many people with disabilities who have shared their stories of exclusion and injustice--and the millions more they spoke up for. Because of the advocates who have led the way, more individuals with disabilities can pursue their full measure of happiness. They have taught us that our world is far better off when all people can live up to their full potential--it makes all of us more whole, and it makes our world a better place.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim December 3, 2016, as International Day of Persons with Disabilities. I call on all Americans to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies, activities, and programs.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this second day of December, in the year of our Lord two thousand sixteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first. (Presidential Sig.)

 <https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=sbc&.rand=200fkn79is1re#_top> Return to Top

**4 Shared by Nicky Gacos, President NFB

Fred’s Head from APH, a Blindness Blog: iDentifi: Object Recognition for Visually Impaired

Apps used to recognize objects and/or read text for people who are blind and visually impaired have increased in number. We have discussed TapTapSee recently, an others exist as well.

This post details iDentifi, a new free app that attempts to describe objects and read text for people who are blind and visually impaired.

What is iDentifi?

Anmol Tuckrel, a high school student from Toronto, Canada, began work on the app about a year ago. According to a TechCrunch article, Tuckrel was fascinated by the possibilities of machine learning and computer vision. The app uses Google Vision, CloudSight and Google Translate, all trusted resources that can distinguish objects easily. These facts indicate that iDentifi uses artificial intelligence to identify objects whereas apps like TapTapSee use crowdsourcing.

Using the App

Before attempting to use the app, please note that you must be connected to the internet to use it. The app’s layout is quite easy to comprehend. Its initial screen contains four buttons, one in each corner of the screen--“Settings” in the top left, “Instructions” in the top right, “Select photo” in the bottom left and “Take photo” in the bottom right. Of course, if you flick left and right, you will locate the same buttons in the same order. Knowing their location, however, allows you to find the button you want without extra flicks or swipes.

Each button and the area surrounding it is brightly colored with a different color included for each button or area of the screen. As a result, people with low vision can distinguish the buttons easily, and individuals who use both VoiceOver and their remaining vision benefit since the app’s functionality is excellent in both cases.

Settings

If you press the “Settings” button, you first choose the language for all interactions with the app from the list of over 25 languages. Next is the mode button where you choose from “Images low accuracy”, “Images high accuracy”, or text. The low accuracy mode provides a general description of the picture you take and returns the quickest response. The high accuracy mode gives you a more detailed description of the image and requires more time for receiving a response. In text mode, the app tries to read the text from the image you’ve taken.

The final setting is speaking rate—how fast you want the app to speak to you when it reads its results; the settings are very slow, slow, normal, fast, and very fast.

Instructions

The instructions describe some of the app’s functionality and tell you the location of important buttons on the app. The instructions do not stay on the screen, but if you need to hear them again, double tap the instructions button a second time.

Select Photo

Selecting a photo sends that photo to the app; iDentifi then tries to determine what is in the photo. You must allow iDentifi to access your photos and also the camera. Once you hit the select photo button, you see the standard camera interface that you would use to send a photo to Facebook, include one in a message, etc.

Take Photo

When you double tap this button, you see a screen that mimics the standard iPhone camera screen with buttons for flash, viewfinder, camera mode, camera chooser, take picture, and cancel. If you are satisfied with the camera settings, double tap the “Take picture” button, located just above the iPhone’s home button. You will hear a sound as the phone takes the picture. You then can select “Retake” or “Use photo”, found on the bottom left and bottom right of the screen respectively. If you have usable vision and believe that your picture is not satisfactory or if you just want to use a different picture, select the retake button and start the process over.

If you tap on use photo, you hear the app say, “Loading”. At this point, the picture runs through the app for identification purposes. You can retake a picture as many times as you like, but you must hit the use photo button for the app to begin the identification process. All photos you take using this app are not saved. The identifications given by the app are not able to be reread and do not remain on the screen, but you can try the three-finger quadruple tap gesture to put the response on the clipboard and add it to a message, email, etc.

Limitations

Currently iDentifi is available on the iOS platform only; the developer plans to create an Android version in the future. Because the results of the picture recognitions are not shown on the screen, individuals who are deafblind and anyone using a braille display may have problems accessing the results. The app will read text and does a good job doing so. It will not replace an OCR app like KNFB Reader, though, especially if you store files for later reading. If you don’t need to store the file or go back and read it multiple times, iDentifi will work well.

The developer hopes to increase the available languages to close to 100 and wants the app to work in video mode. He appears to be responsive and open to suggestions so send them and help improve the app.

Finally, the only other limitation, as is the case with all camera apps, is the ability of each person to take a suitable picture. Fortunately, you do not have to have the camera perfectly centered to take a usable picture.

Conclusion

The iDentifi app is an excellent choice for anyone who is blind and visually impaired. It identifies objects quite well and reads text reasonably well also. Remember to turn the mode to text if you want the app to read text; otherwise, it will simply tell you there is text without reading it. The results with the mode set to high accuracy are very good; its descriptions of objects and their colors are quite helpful. You may find that this app also doubles as a color identifier, at least for basic colors. Would you like to see the app in action? Watch this short video and view another one included in the TechCrunch article written about the app. For more information about iDentifi, visit the website at http://getidentifi.com/#home-section. The site discusses the numerous awards and the press coverage the app has received and tells you how to get support or make comments about the app. Get the app at the following link or search for iDentifi on the app store; remember that the d is the only capitalized letter.

"Don't lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations. Expect the best of yourself, and then do what is necessary to make it a reality." -Ralph Marston

 <https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=sbc&.rand=200fkn79is1re#_top> Return to Top

**5 From Hadley School for the Blind and Visually Impaired

Seminars at Hadley Presents:

The Orientation and Mobility Specialist: Your Advocate for Greater Independence

Date: Thursday, December 15, 2016

Time: 6:00 PM CST; 23:00 GMT

Understanding the roles of vision rehabilitation professionals is an important part of adjusting to low vision. The Orientation and Mobility Specialist is a vital member of the vision rehabilitation team, and mobility instruction is often necessary to maintain safety and independence.

Join Low Vision Focus @ Hadley as JoAnne Chalom, COMS, Ed.S., Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist, discusses the critical role that orientation and mobility plays in the vision rehabilitation process.

Ed Haines, Hadley Instructor and member of the Seminars at Hadley team, will moderate this 60 minute discussion. A question and answer session will be included as part of the seminar. This seminar is audio-only, and space is limited. Please register only if you know you are available to attend so that others are not closed out. Register now for The Orientation and Mobility Specialist! http://hadley.edu/SeminarDetails.asp?sid=346

Braille Holiday Card Sale Ends December 16th!

The 2016 Braille Holiday Card Sale ends soon! FREE SHIPPING for Hadley students. Call 800.323.4238 to check on availability — the 2016 cards are expected to sell out in a matter of days. Don't worry, though... you can still order cards from past years at a 50% discount!

Hadley Winter Break Closing

Closed December 19 — January 2, 2017

Please Note: Assignments are not graded during winter break.

 <https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=sbc&.rand=200fkn79is1re#_top> Return to Top

**6 This Week on Eyes on Success

1650 Building Electronics Projects (Dec. 7, 2016)

Though Ken Perry and Josh Miehle are both blind, their lack of vision

doesn't prevent them from designing and building their own electronic

hardware. Hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey talk with them about the Blind

Arduino Project as well as other tools that enable blind people of all ages

to participate in the vibrant global culture of hardware prototyping

 <https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=sbc&.rand=200fkn79is1re#_top> Return to Top

**7 From Terry Smith, NFBEI

Hello All:  Below you will find 2 links to stories regarding the State of new York's efforts to sell items over-the-counter at a Long Island rest area.  One article is a print story and the other is a news story that appeared on the New York NBC television affiliate.  We were already gearing up for an effort in Congress to commercialize the rest areas.  We have been hearing that such an effort is likely considering the strain on state budgets and the reluctance to raise taxes.  In this article, you will note that the State of New York believes the current law that limits sales to only vending machines is antiquated.  We can expect them to make a push to get the law changed.

Currently, blind vendors and SLA's operate vending at 1,098 rest areas.  Two-thirds of these are serviced by 363 blind vendors and the others are operated under third party contracts.  These contracts generate $5 Million annually in revenue for this state BEP's.  Protecting the livelihoods of those 363 blind entrepreneurs and the revenue stream for the states will be our top priority.

We will keep you posted.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as-seen-on/Long-Island-Welcome-Center-Violates-Federal-Law_-Highway-Administrators_New-York-406120906.html?_osource=mobilesharebar

http://www.tinyurl.com/hr44dy5

Thanks!

Terry Smith, NFBEI

 <https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=sbc&.rand=200fkn79is1re#_top> Return to Top

**8 From Vending Market Watch - NAMA's Eric Dell Recognized As Top Association Lobbyist DEC 13, 2016

(CHICAGO) December 12, 2016 –– NAMA announced that Eric Dell, NAMA Senior Vice President of Government Affairs, has been recognized as one of Association TRENDS’ 2016 Leading Association Lobbyists. Dell will be honored at the group’s Salute to Association Excellence event, February 23, 2017 in Washington, D.C.

Dell has worked with industry leaders, state councils and members across the country to develop and expand grassroots efforts at the local, state and federal level. In 2015 he launched the association’s annual D.C. Fly-In, which grew in attendance by more than 30 percent in 2016, connecting members with their legislators.

Dell has led efforts on major industry issues, including Calorie Disclosure, the metallic content of coins, energy regulations for beverage vending machines, and DOL overtime rules, providing guidance to members and building relationships with industry stakeholders and allied organizations.

“Lobbying on behalf of an association and industry comprised of businesses ranging from multinational corporations to small, family-owned businesses is exciting and rewarding,” Dell said. “Going to work every day to protect and promote these hard-working Americans and the jobs they create keeps our team focused. Our team is expanding NAMA’s footprint in D.C. by increased participation in our advocacy efforts. In 2015 we hosted our first annual DC Fly-In with more than 200 industry leaders participating. In 2016 it increased by 30 percent to more than 260 participants,” he continued.

“I try to live by three attributes that are important to being a successful lobbyist: 1) Your credibility is your most important attribute; 2) Bring people together across political party lines to create win-win solutions; and 3)You can’t do it on your own, it takes a TEAM to win,” Dell concluded.

Founded in 1936, NAMA is the association representing the $25 billion U.S. convenience services industry.  With more than 1100 member companies – including many of the world’s most recognized brands – NAMA provides advocacy, education and research for its membership. Visit NAMA on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

 <https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=sbc&.rand=200fkn79is1re#_top> Return to Top

**9 Broker News – Hoffman Vogler – Lee Chota

I wanted to let everyone know that Vistar took in all of Chicago Vendor Supply's inventory of Superior cups. Some of Vistar's December books may not have shown all of the Superior Cups.

Thank you for using our cups.

December White Castle Promotion: Chicken Breast Sandwich $.64 of a case White Castle now has product cards with calorie info for all models of the Fastcorp Vending machine.

Looking for a healthy item?  How about fresh apples? The problem with selling apples is the short shelf life and is usually unpackaged. Tree Crisp 2 Go solves this problem with three flavors of packaged apples available. People trust a product that is triple-washed and packaged for their protection. The packaging also allows for a 35 day shelf life ambient and 75 day shelf life if refrigerated.

 <https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=sbc&.rand=200fkn79is1re#_top> Return to Top

**10 Broker News – Burdette Beckman, Ray Salvador

Lance item 107602  120 ct 1.72 oz Lemon Nekot SWC – January, February, & March $1.20 off invoice.

Lance item 802007 126 ct 2.2 oz Peanut Bar January, February, & March

$2.52 off invoice.

Snyder’s item 110472 60 ct 2.25 oz Sweet Chili Garlic Pretzel Pieces February & March $1.20 off invoice.

Snyder’s item 107431 112 ct 1.29 oz PB&J Toasty March only, $1.12 off invoice.

 <https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=sbc&.rand=200fkn79is1re#_top> Return to Top

**11 RSA Management Group Information –

Remember that each ICBV/RSA Member must purchase their own case of NEWS Item in order to qualify for rebate.  If you have not yet purchased your case please do so immediately so that you do not forget and lose your entire Frito Rebate.

4th Quarter Frito NEWS items are

1.5 oz LSS Lay’s Potato Chips Southern Biscuits and Gravy - 64 count – UPC 59040

 1.5 oz LSS Sunchips Whole Grain Veggie Harvest Tomato Basil and Cheese -64 count – UPC 62358

RSA Management Purchase Power Deals

Earn Extra Rebates on the following:

NEW DEALS THIS WEEK

 WONDERFUL PISTACHIOS AND ALMONDS – BIGGER REBATES FOR 2017!!!!!

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2017

Rebates                   Products

$23.60 per case 2.7oz. 144 ct. Roasted and Salted Pistachios

$15.15 per case 1.25 oz. 100 Calorie Pistachios, 1.25 oz. Salt & Pepper and Sweet Chili Tube Packs, 4.5 oz. Salt and Pepper and Sweet Chili Pistachios.

$10.35 per case 5 oz. Wonderful Almonds.

$9.20 per case    5oz. Roasted and Salted, Roasted and Unsalted Pistachios, 4.5 oz. Salt and Pepper and Sweet Chili Pistachios.

$8.75 per case    1.5 oz. 96ct Raw Almond and Roasted and Salted Almond tube packs.

$7.20 per case    2.5 oz. Roasted and Salted Shelled Pistachios

$6.15 per case    1oz. 96ct Roasted and Salted Pistachios

UMPQUA OATS

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$2.00 per case  Umpqua Oatmeals - ALL FLAVORS

Deals Ending in December

7 DAYS PASTRY

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$0.50 per case  7 Days Pastry – ALL PRODUCTS

BAI 5

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$1.25 per case -18 oz. Bai 5 - ALL FLAVORS

$1.25 per case - 11.5 oz. Bai 5 Bubbles - ALL FLAVORS

BODY ARMOR SUPERDRINKS – ORDER THROUGH DPSG

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$1.00 per case -16 oz. Body Armor SuperDrinks - ALL FLAVORS

CLOVERHILL AND OTIS SPUNKMEYER

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$0.02 per unit     All products

 OR

$0.04 per unit     Buy equal case amounts of both Cloverhill Danishes and Otis Spunkmeyer Loaves on same order

CHEESEWICH

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$1.44 per box - 2.5 oz. ALL FLAVORS

CHOBANI GREEK YOGURT

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$0.25 per case  5.3 oz Yogurt – Blueberry, Peach, Strawberry Black Cherry and Raspberry

$1.00 per case  5.3 oz Flips – Key Lime Crumble, Almond Coco, PB Dream and Salt Caramel

FERRERO

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$2.40 per case -                    Nutella & GO!

$.45 per box -     1 oz. Tic Tac Fresh, Orange, Strawberry and Wintergreen Mints

$1.65 per case - 3.4 oz. Tic Tac Bottle Pack Freshmint and Orange

$3.50 per case - Ferrero Rocher 3 pack

$3.50 per case - Raffaello 3 pack

FLAP JACKED MIGHTY MUFFINS.

Deal Date:  DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$2.00 per case Flap Jacked Mighty Muffins – ALL FLAVORS

FRITO LAY – ITEMS MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL MARKETS

Deal Date:  OCTOBER 3 - DECEMBER 31, 2016 – TAKE DELIVERY BY JANUARY 15, 2017

Rebates             Products

$1.92 per case  LSS Lay’s Kettle Chips Original (61178)

$1.92 per case  LSS Lay’s Kettle Chips Mesquite (61177)

$1.92 per case  LSS Lay’s Kettle Chips 40% Less Fat Jal Cheddar (25111)

$1.92 per case  LSS Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn (44439)

$2.40 per case  2 oz. LSS Grandma’s Mini Choco. Chip (61503)

$2.40 per case  Munchies PB Crackers (19960)

$2.40 per case  Munchies Toast PB Crackers (19959)

​

GOOD HEALTH/UTZ/GOOD HEALTH

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$.02 per unit – 1 oz. Veggie Straws and Veggie Chips w/ Sea Salt 24 ct. (00305 & 00526)

$.02 per unit – .75 oz. Baked Grilled Cheese Puffs 72 ct. (00106-7)

$.02 per unit – .75 oz. Baked Mac N’ Cheese Puffs 72 ct. (01186)

$.02 per unit – 1.5 oz. Zapp’s Voodoo 60 ct. (6154)

$.02 per unit – 1.5 oz. Zapp’s Sour Cream and Creole Onion 60 ct. (6155)

$.02 per unit – 1.5 oz. Zapp’s Dirty Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt 60 ct. (51015)

$.02 per unit – 1.5 oz. Zapp’s Dirty Jalapeno Heat 60 ct. (51002)

$.02 per unit – 1.0 oz. Zapp’s Cajun Crawtator and Jalapeno 60 ct. (6148 & 6005)

$.02 per unit – 2.0 oz. Zapp’s Cajun Crawtator 25 ct. (6022)

GOODNESS KNOWS – NEW 150 CALORIE MARS PRODUCT

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

10% per case     Cranberry, Almond and Dark Chocolate Bar

10% per case     Peach, Cherry, Almond and Dark Chocolate Bar

10% per case     Apple, Almond, Peanut and Dark Chocolate Bar

GRANNY B’S COOKIES

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$.08 per cookie  All individually wrapped frosted, iced Cookies

HEALTHY WARRIOR CHIA BARS

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016.

Rebates             Products

$2.25 per case - PB Cacao Protein Bar - UPC 852684003460

$2.25 per case - Honey Almond Protein Bar - UPC 852684003477

$2.25 per case - Lemon Goldenberry Protein -UPC 852684003446

$2.25 per case - Dk Choc/Coco/Sea Salt Protein-UPC 852684003453

$1.75 per case  Healthy Warrior Chia Bars-ALL OTHER FLAVORS

HINT WATER

Deal Date:   THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$1.00 per case – 16 oz. 12 packs - ALL FLAVORS

KIND BAR

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$1.75 per case - 1.4 oz. Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt

$1.75 per case - 1.4 oz. Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate

$1.75 per case - 1.4 oz. Caramel Almond & Sea Salt

$1.75 per case - 1.4 oz. Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew

$1.75 per case - 1.4 oz. Cranberry Almond

LOVELY CANDY CO.

Deal Date:  BEGINS SEPTEMBER 1 - THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

12% per case - Lovely Candy Items – ALL FLAVORS

MY GOURMET TUNA KITS

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$3.24 per case  3.5 oz. My Gourmet Tuna Kits – ALL FLAVORS

NATHAN’S FAMOUS HOT DOGS

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$2.50 per case   Nathan’s Individually Wrapped Pretzel Dogs

OTIS SPUNKMEYER

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$0.72 per case  6.5 oz. Muffins – ALL FLAVORS

$0.24 per case  4 oz. Muffins – ALL FLAVORS

$0.34 per case  4 oz. individually wrapped Big Cookie – ALL FLAVORS

PEARSON CANDY

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates               Products

$37.44 per cs   Vend Salted Nut Roll, Nut Goodie and Sea Salt Caramel Nut   Goodie, Peanut Butter SNR, Maple, Vanilla or Sea Salt Caramel Bun Bar, Bit-O-Honey Single

$20.16 per cs  King Size Mint Pattie (91830) or King Size Mint Pattie 3oz. (91831)

$30.24 per cs  King Peanut Butter SNR (91600)

PEPSI – ORDER THROUGH AUTHORIZED PBC ONLY

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER, 2016 –DELIVERED BY JANUARY 7, 2017

Rebates             Products

$1.00 per case  20 oz. Mountain Dew 24 count – All flavors EXCEPT Regular and Diet

$1.50 per case   16 oz. Kickstart 12 count – ALL FLAVORS

$1.50 per case  20 oz. Sierra Mist – ALL FLAVORS

PLANTERS PEANUTS

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$2.88 per case  2 oz, Planter’s Peanuts and Cocktail Nuts

SINGLE CUP COFFEE

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$4.00 per case  Single Cup Skinny Girl K-Cup

$4.00 per case  Hurricane K-Cup

$4.00 per case  Donut Shop K-Cup

POPCORNERS

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$0.75 per case   Popcorners – ALL FLAVORS

SKINNY POP POPCORN

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$1.00 per case - .65 oz. White Cheddar and Original Popcorn

$1.00 per case - 1 oz. White Cheddar and Original Popcorn

$2.00 per case - 4.4 oz. White Cheddar and Original Popcorn

$2.00 per case - 4.4 oz. Black Pepper and Sweet Popcorn

SPLENDA

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$2.00 per case  2000 ct.  Splenda 2000 ct Bulk Sweetener Packets -82241300

$2.50 per case  100 ct.  Splenda 12/100 ct Sweetener Packets - 82241100

$2.50 per case  400 ct.  Splenda 4/400 ct Sweetener Packets - 82241200

$1.00 per case  500 ct. Splenda 500 ct Bulk Sweetener Packets - 82241500

$3.00 per case  50 ct. Splenda 12/50 ct Sweetener Packets – 820001

SPECIAL DEALS AVAILABLE THROUGH VISTAR – BONUS PROMOTION

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$6.00 per case  Kind Bar – Mango Apple Chia and Pineapple Banana Kale

$5.00 per case  Kashi Go Lean Bar – Dark Choco and Nuts, Peanut Hemp Crunch

$4.00 per case  Kashi Granola Bar – Honey Almond Flax, Trail Mix Granola

$3.00 per case  Kind Bar – PB Dark Choco and Protein, Dark Choco Nuts and Sea Salt

$4.00 per case  Lorissa’s Beef Jerky – Ginger Teriyaki, Korean BBQ, Sweet Chili, Szechwan Peppercorn, Assorted Shipper

$0.50 per case  Chobani Yogurt – NF Blueberry, NF Raspberry, NF Strawberry and NF Cherry

$0.50 per case  Skinny Pop Popcorn – Original, White Cheddar, Pepper Sweet

STARBUCKS – ORDER THROUGH AUTHORIZED PBC ONLY

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER, 2016 –DELIVERED BY JANUARY 7, 2017

Rebates             Products

$2.00 per case   15.2 oz. Starbucks Energy plus Coffee – ALL FLAVORS

WYOMING BEEF JERKY

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

15% per case     Wyoming Beef Jerky – ALL FLAVORS

MUSCLE MILK

Deal Date:  THROUGH MAY 31, 2017

Rebates             Products

$1.50 per case  All Flavors

Indefinite End Date

BEANITO’S

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$1.00 per case  Bean Chips and Puffs - ALL FLAVORS

BOLTHOUSE FARMS

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$1.30 per case  Bolthouse drinks - ALL FLAVORS

COLD STONE CREAMERY

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$1.50 per case  All Flavors of Milk Shakers

COOL HAUS

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

20% per case    Choco. Chip, Van Bean, Snickerdoodle, Salted Caramel Ice Cream

DAISY’S BAKERY, INC

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

8% per case      Individually Wrapped Muffin, Cake, Brownie, Pie, Cookie – ALL FLAVORS

GOETZ CANDY COMPANY

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2016

Rebates             Products

$3.00 per case -1.9oz. Caramel Creams

JJ’s PIES

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$1.80 per case   JJ’s Bakery Boxed Pies – ALL FLAVORS

J&J FOODS

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

5% per case       Kim & Scott’s IW Flavored Soft Pretzels and IW Pretzel Melts

5% per case       Mary B’s IW Biscuit Breakfast Melts

5% per case       Corazona’s HeartBar Oatmeal Squares

HINT WATER

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$1.00 per case   Hint 100% Natural Goodness Water – ALL FLAVORS

J&J FOODS

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

5% per case       Kim & Scott’s IW Flavored Soft Pretzels and IW Pretzel Melts

5% per case       Mary B’s IW Biscuit Breakfast Melts

5% per case       Corazona’s HeartBar Oatmeal Squares

LUCY’S COOKIES

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$1.15 per case  Choco Chip, Cinnamon Thin, Ginger Snap and Brownie Crisp Cookie

SEAPOINT FARMS

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

10% off per case         Dry Roasted Edamame

$1.00 per case  Beanitos and Beanitos Puffs

STEAZ TEA

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$1.50 per case  ALL FLAVORS

STOK COLD-BREW COFFEE

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$3.00 per case  13.7 oz Stok Cold Brew Coffee – ALL FLAVORS

TITAN TEA

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$1.50 per case  Titan Teas - ALL FLAVORS

VITA COCO – ORDER THROUGH AUTHORIZED DPSG ONLY

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$1.00 per case  11.1 oz.  Vita Coco– ALL FLAVORS

$1.50 per case  17 oz. Vita Coco – ALL FLAVORS

WELCH’S FRUIT SNACKS

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates               Products

$2.88 per case Buddy Bears, Sour Jacks, Nuclear SQWorms, Sun Maid Chocolate covered Raisins and Fisher Chocolate covered Peanuts.

$1.44 per case Welch’s School Items – ALL FLAVORS

$0.96 per case Welch’s Fruit Snacks – ALL FLAVORS except school items

$0.96 per case Gummi Factory – ALL FLAVORS

 <https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=sbc&.rand=200fkn79is1re#_top> Return to Top

Thank you,

Kathy Ungaro

ICBV, Business Manager

(630)234-4444

Illinois Committee of Blind Vendors

53 W. Jackson Blvd. Suite 502

Chicago, IL 60604

This message (including attachments) is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without further distribution and reply to the sender that you have received the message in error.